Re: [tracker2] Re: Tracker 2 with Motorola stays on tx

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
      how do you have your cable wired to the accessory port on the m120?

    • lists@ke4nyv.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
        Here is the M120 16 pin acc port pinout:

        http://www.batlabs.com/images/gmacc16.gif

        You should be using:

        3: PTT
        5: Flat TX Audio
        7: Ground
        11: Flat RX Audio (discriminator)

        You can also use pin 13 to power the Tracker2. Makes for a simple, seamless cable from radio to Tracker2.

        Jason KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics, LLC
        www.rpc-electronics.com

        donmor46 wrote:

        > Scott

        > Hooked the tracker 2 up to a Motorola M120 and it transmits except when I turn a corner, then it quits transmitting just for a second.

        > Also run an OT1 with an Icom HT and swapped out the OT1 for the tracker 2, changed the jumper from HI to HT and it does the same thing. Seems to transmit all the time except when it samples, then it seems to pulse off just for a second.

        > Seems that no matter what radio etc, it just transmits whenever it's hooked up and powered up.

        > Don

        > VE7EDA

        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

        >> I missed the start of this. Is it a handheld or a mobile? For a

        >> mobile, I'd start by disconnecting pin 3 (PTT) and testing that it works

        >> when you trigger it manually.

        >> Scott

      • donmor46
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
          I am using one of your cables Jason.
          The cable is OK. Works fine with the OT1 etc.
          Problem is the MOSFET is blown in the T2.

          Don
          VE7EDA

          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
            They're ESD-sensitive, might have gotten zapped. I can send one if you
            don't mind SMD soldering, otherwise you can mail it back and I'll fix
            it. Send me your order number off-list if you have it.

            Scott