Re: Tracker 2 with Motorola stays on tx

  • donmor46
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
      Bingo.
      That is the problem.
      Unkeyed when the PTT is down and keyed when PTT is not.
      Where can I get the MOSFET?
      What will blow that MOSFET? Must be something I did.

      Thanks Scott

      Don

      > Try starting otwincfg and using the diagnostic screen. Press the PTT
      > button there and see what happens. If it's reversed (PTT is off when
      > you press the button) then the MOSFET is blown.
      >
      > Scott

    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
        how do you have your cable wired to the accessory port on the m120?

      • lists@ke4nyv.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
          Here is the M120 16 pin acc port pinout:

          http://www.batlabs.com/images/gmacc16.gif

          You should be using:

          3: PTT
          5: Flat TX Audio
          7: Ground
          11: Flat RX Audio (discriminator)

          You can also use pin 13 to power the Tracker2. Makes for a simple, seamless cable from radio to Tracker2.

          Jason KE4NYV
          RPC Electronics, LLC
          www.rpc-electronics.com

          donmor46 wrote:

          > Scott

          > Hooked the tracker 2 up to a Motorola M120 and it transmits except when I turn a corner, then it quits transmitting just for a second.

          > Also run an OT1 with an Icom HT and swapped out the OT1 for the tracker 2, changed the jumper from HI to HT and it does the same thing. Seems to transmit all the time except when it samples, then it seems to pulse off just for a second.

          > Seems that no matter what radio etc, it just transmits whenever it's hooked up and powered up.

          > Don

          > VE7EDA

          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

          >> I missed the start of this. Is it a handheld or a mobile? For a

          >> mobile, I'd start by disconnecting pin 3 (PTT) and testing that it works

          >> when you trigger it manually.

          >> Scott

        • donmor46
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
            I am using one of your cables Jason.
            The cable is OK. Works fine with the OT1 etc.
            Problem is the MOSFET is blown in the T2.

            Don
            VE7EDA

            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
              They're ESD-sensitive, might have gotten zapped. I can send one if you
              don't mind SMD soldering, otherwise you can mail it back and I'll fix
              it. Send me your order number off-list if you have it.

              Scott