Re: [tracker2] Re: Tracker 2 with Motorola stays on tx

    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
      Try starting otwincfg and using the diagnostic screen. Press the PTT
      button there and see what happens. If it's reversed (PTT is off when
      you press the button) then the MOSFET is blown.

      Scott

      donmor46 wrote:

      > Here are the results from your suggestions Randy.
      >
      > New firmware downloaded and installed. (September 2 2009)
      >
      > With nothing hooked up but power, the three lights blink just once when
      > the power is applied and then nothing. No lights remain on.
      >
      > Connect the radio cable then power up and the lights all blink once, as
      > above, but the radio keys up and remains keyed. (Before, the lights
      > would keep cycling and the radio would key on and off)
      >
      > Thanks Randy for all your help. It is very much appreciated.
      >
      > Don

      > Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, the only suggestion I have left is to reload the firmware and
      > let it
      > > load in the 'defaults' to overwrite the current programming, power it
      > up and
      > > see what happens. If it still does that endless loop, then it's
      > pretty much
      > > assured there is something wrong with the OT2 hardware itself. If
      > not, then
      > > the hardware should be good.
      > >
      > > Next, if the hardware checks good, I would reload your programming,
      > power it
      > > up, and see what happens. If it cycles then, it's in the programming
      > > somewhere. If not, I'm at a loss. Hook the radio back to it and see
      > if the
      > > cycling starts.
      > >
      > > Give that a try. Anyone else have other ideas if it still does that
      > cycling
      > > after these two test conditions?
      > >
      > > Randy
      > > WF5X

    • donmor46
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
        Bingo.
        That is the problem.
        Unkeyed when the PTT is down and keyed when PTT is not.
        Where can I get the MOSFET?
        What will blow that MOSFET? Must be something I did.

        Thanks Scott

        Don

        > Try starting otwincfg and using the diagnostic screen. Press the PTT
        > button there and see what happens. If it's reversed (PTT is off when
        > you press the button) then the MOSFET is blown.
        >
        > Scott

      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
          how do you have your cable wired to the accessory port on the m120?

        • lists@ke4nyv.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
            Here is the M120 16 pin acc port pinout:

            http://www.batlabs.com/images/gmacc16.gif

            You should be using:

            3: PTT
            5: Flat TX Audio
            7: Ground
            11: Flat RX Audio (discriminator)

            You can also use pin 13 to power the Tracker2. Makes for a simple, seamless cable from radio to Tracker2.

            Jason KE4NYV
            RPC Electronics, LLC
            www.rpc-electronics.com

            donmor46 wrote:

            > Scott

            > Hooked the tracker 2 up to a Motorola M120 and it transmits except when I turn a corner, then it quits transmitting just for a second.

            > Also run an OT1 with an Icom HT and swapped out the OT1 for the tracker 2, changed the jumper from HI to HT and it does the same thing. Seems to transmit all the time except when it samples, then it seems to pulse off just for a second.

            > Seems that no matter what radio etc, it just transmits whenever it's hooked up and powered up.

            > Don

            > VE7EDA

            > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

            >> I missed the start of this. Is it a handheld or a mobile? For a

            >> mobile, I'd start by disconnecting pin 3 (PTT) and testing that it works

            >> when you trigger it manually.

            >> Scott

          • donmor46
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
              I am using one of your cables Jason.
              The cable is OK. Works fine with the OT1 etc.
              Problem is the MOSFET is blown in the T2.

              Don
              VE7EDA

              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                They're ESD-sensitive, might have gotten zapped. I can send one if you
                don't mind SMD soldering, otherwise you can mail it back and I'll fix
                it. Send me your order number off-list if you have it.

                Scott