Re: Tracker 2 with Motorola stays on tx

  • donmor46
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
      Does the same with or without the radio connected.
      I only have power hooked up, nothing else.
      Lights blink as before. ACT then TX then RX. Continuous in a loop.

      Don
      VE7EDA

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

      > Hmmm..
      >
      > Does it exhibit this behavior without the radio connected? Try just
      > powering it up without the radio cable attached and see if you get the same
      > results.
      >
      > Just trying to narrow it down.
      >
      > Randy
      > WF5X
      >
      > On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM, donmor46 <donmor46@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Thanks Randy.
      > >
      > > Reprogrammed the T2 and removed all profile switching and it is still the
      > > same.
      > >
      > > Don
      > > VE7EDA
      > >

      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>, Randy Love
      > > <rlove31@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Check the programming on the OT2 to make sure you don't have any profile
      > > > switching going on. Sounds suspiciously like the infamous 'profile
      > > > switching' endless loop problem where it is constantly flip-flopping
      > > between
      > > > profiles and has 'Transmit when switching to this profile' is checked.
      > > >
      > > > Randy
      > > > WF5X

      > > light
      > > power.

      > > 40yahoogroups.com>, "k7ybz"

      > > from
      > > between pin
      > > on

      > > will
      > > radios
      > > the

    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
        Well, the only suggestion I have left is to reload the firmware and let it load in the 'defaults' to overwrite the current programming, power it up and see what happens. If it still does that endless loop, then it's pretty much assured there is something wrong with the OT2 hardware itself. If not, then the hardware should be good.

        Next, if the hardware checks good, I would reload your programming, power it up, and see what happens. If it cycles then, it's in the programming somewhere. If not, I'm at a loss. Hook the radio back to it and see if the cycling starts.

        Give that a try. Anyone else have other ideas if it still does that cycling after these two test conditions?

        Randy
        WF5X

      • donmor46
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
          Here are the results from your suggestions Randy.

          New firmware downloaded and installed. (September 2 2009)

          With nothing hooked up but power, the three lights blink just once when the power is applied and then nothing. No lights remain on.

          Connect the radio cable then power up and the lights all blink once, as above, but the radio keys up and remains keyed. (Before, the lights would keep cycling and the radio would key on and off)

          Thanks Randy for all your help. It is very much appreciated.

          Don

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

          > Well, the only suggestion I have left is to reload the firmware and let it
          > load in the 'defaults' to overwrite the current programming, power it up and
          > see what happens. If it still does that endless loop, then it's pretty much
          > assured there is something wrong with the OT2 hardware itself. If not, then
          > the hardware should be good.
          >
          > Next, if the hardware checks good, I would reload your programming, power it
          > up, and see what happens. If it cycles then, it's in the programming
          > somewhere. If not, I'm at a loss. Hook the radio back to it and see if the
          > cycling starts.
          >
          > Give that a try. Anyone else have other ideas if it still does that cycling
          > after these two test conditions?
          >
          > Randy
          > WF5X

        • Randy Love
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
            Definitely a head scratcher.   :)

            Alrighty. I'll mull it over some more and see what else I can come up with.

            Randy
            WF5X

            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
              Try starting otwincfg and using the diagnostic screen. Press the PTT
              button there and see what happens. If it's reversed (PTT is off when
              you press the button) then the MOSFET is blown.

              Scott

              donmor46 wrote:

              > Here are the results from your suggestions Randy.
              >
              > New firmware downloaded and installed. (September 2 2009)
              >
              > With nothing hooked up but power, the three lights blink just once when
              > the power is applied and then nothing. No lights remain on.
              >
              > Connect the radio cable then power up and the lights all blink once, as
              > above, but the radio keys up and remains keyed. (Before, the lights
              > would keep cycling and the radio would key on and off)
              >
              > Thanks Randy for all your help. It is very much appreciated.
              >
              > Don

              > Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, the only suggestion I have left is to reload the firmware and
              > let it
              > > load in the 'defaults' to overwrite the current programming, power it
              > up and
              > > see what happens. If it still does that endless loop, then it's
              > pretty much
              > > assured there is something wrong with the OT2 hardware itself. If
              > not, then
              > > the hardware should be good.
              > >
              > > Next, if the hardware checks good, I would reload your programming,
              > power it
              > > up, and see what happens. If it cycles then, it's in the programming
              > > somewhere. If not, I'm at a loss. Hook the radio back to it and see
              > if the
              > > cycling starts.
              > >
              > > Give that a try. Anyone else have other ideas if it still does that
              > cycling
              > > after these two test conditions?
              > >
              > > Randy
              > > WF5X

            • donmor46
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 2, 2009
                Bingo.
                That is the problem.
                Unkeyed when the PTT is down and keyed when PTT is not.
                Where can I get the MOSFET?
                What will blow that MOSFET? Must be something I did.

                Thanks Scott

                Don

                > Try starting otwincfg and using the diagnostic screen. Press the PTT
                > button there and see what happens. If it's reversed (PTT is off when
                > you press the button) then the MOSFET is blown.
                >
                > Scott

              • Patrick
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                  how do you have your cable wired to the accessory port on the m120?

                • lists@ke4nyv.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                    Here is the M120 16 pin acc port pinout:

                    http://www.batlabs.com/images/gmacc16.gif

                    You should be using:

                    3: PTT
                    5: Flat TX Audio
                    7: Ground
                    11: Flat RX Audio (discriminator)

                    You can also use pin 13 to power the Tracker2. Makes for a simple, seamless cable from radio to Tracker2.

                    Jason KE4NYV
                    RPC Electronics, LLC
                    www.rpc-electronics.com

                    donmor46 wrote:

                    > Scott

                    > Hooked the tracker 2 up to a Motorola M120 and it transmits except when I turn a corner, then it quits transmitting just for a second.

                    > Also run an OT1 with an Icom HT and swapped out the OT1 for the tracker 2, changed the jumper from HI to HT and it does the same thing. Seems to transmit all the time except when it samples, then it seems to pulse off just for a second.

                    > Seems that no matter what radio etc, it just transmits whenever it's hooked up and powered up.

                    > Don

                    > VE7EDA

                    > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

                    >> I missed the start of this. Is it a handheld or a mobile? For a

                    >> mobile, I'd start by disconnecting pin 3 (PTT) and testing that it works

                    >> when you trigger it manually.

                    >> Scott

                  • donmor46
                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                      I am using one of your cables Jason.
                      The cable is OK. Works fine with the OT1 etc.
                      Problem is the MOSFET is blown in the T2.

                      Don
                      VE7EDA

                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 3, 2009
                        They're ESD-sensitive, might have gotten zapped. I can send one if you
                        don't mind SMD soldering, otherwise you can mail it back and I'll fix
                        it. Send me your order number off-list if you have it.

                        Scott