PX-777 software?

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30 2:39 AM
      I'll be getting the cable, but a friend already has a Kenwood
      programming cable. Can anyone advise which is the correct
      download on the following page? Tnx!

      www.puxingradio.com/down.asp?CurLanguage=en&SortTypeID=4

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Nigel Service
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30 5:23 AM
        Garmin has released an update to its mapping programme for Nuvi units such as the 350. Final designation is .30. Software is also updated for those who have not been following the Garmin updates.

        73
        VE1NPS   Nigel

        2009/11/30 Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...>

        I'll be getting the cable, but a friend already has a Kenwood
        programming cable. Can anyone advise which is the correct
        download on the following page? Tnx!

        www.puxingradio.com/down.asp?CurLanguage=en&SortTypeID=4

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      • usna71
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
          I was told to download the 6IN1 software. However, I have not been able to get my cable to work with it. Click on the upper left box to get it to use English. My software did not come with the help files. Also, I could not get the cable to communicate. Finally, it kept losing the channel names I had carefully put into the loading program. I am still learning.
          bill KB1MOV

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
            Bill KB1MOV wrote...

            > I was told to download the 6IN1 software...

            Thanks for the info. I downloaded
            www.affordable-radio.com/digiq/px777.zip from the page listing a PX-777
            cable from the "affordableradio" guy on eBay (a bit pricier than Scott's
            cables) just to look at it. It turned out to be ver 11.1 dated 2005. It
            will be a while before I have the cable but I'll post my experiences
            with the 6IN1 after I do have it.

            I haven't looked at it, but
            www.wykeradio.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1195076546 has a link to
            http://www.pxdz.com/up/soft/20084329989847.rar with a reference to alpha
            tags.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
              I'm trying to find someone willing to write new programming software for
              the PX-777. Not having much luck so far.

              Scott