Re: Digi command wish

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2009
      I run fillin's, KPC-3's, TT4's and OT2's, all will deal with the
      WIDE1-7.

      The KPC's and TT4's ignore since I set alias to WIDE1-1.
      The OT2 is set WIDE1 with Hoplimit 0, it will trap the WIDE1-7 to
      WIDE1*, but if the "appliance user" has additional paths he's is still
      able to abuse the network.

      I would hope the new command could be able to parse the complete path,
      and trap to sanity including WIDE1-7.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@...>
      wrote:

      > If one is using the new paradigm with a KPC3, anything above 3 is
      trapped on
      > a WIDEN digi. I would assume those running T2s would trap in a similar
      > fashion. My guess is that the WIDE3 would possibly make it through but
      not
      > the WIDE10.
      >
      > Of course a WIDE1-7 would be worse because of no trapping of this type
      of
      > hop request. James has pointed this out before.
      >

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of Alan
      > Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 14:25
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Digi command wish
      >

      > Hope this isn't a too tall order, but I would love to be able to set a
      > digi so it could trap the whole path of an incoming packet if it
      > contained more hops than needed. A limit that could be set with a new
      > command, similar to hoplimit, but more like a pathlimit.
      >
      > An abuser recently came in running this path:
      > 2009-11-13 11:01:44 PST:

      KD6M**-1>3X5TSS,N6ZX-3,WIDE1*,WIDE2-2,WIDE3-3,WIDE10-10,qAR,KE6ZBX-10:`1\
      \
      > _=l"<0x1c>=/`"7M}On 145535 & 28385 ......_
      >
      > I would like to be able to set a "cap" on his whole path. I live in a
      > busy area, run only fillin digi's, that can be heard directly by
      igates.
      > A command that would set a cap that would use up his entire path
      except
      > for the limit that is set. Like the example below, cap is set to allow
      1
      > more hop.
      >
      > 2009-11-13 11:01:44 PST:

      KD6M**-1>3X5TSS,N6ZX-3,WIDE1,WIDE2,WIDE3,WIDE10-1qAR,KE6ZBX-10:`1_=l"<\