Re: [tracker2] Re: T2 and Nuvi 350

  • Teddy Banks
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
      Thank You Alan, I took a look at the XMITLVL, it was as you stated 100, changed it to 300, changed TX DELAY TO 15, I think it worked, I can see my station now, I am also reading some to the links you and others have posted, hopefully I can get better educated on this APRS stuff.
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
        Teddy,
        That's great!
        Glad it did the trick,

      • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
          also this is for everyone, don’t forget about setting up the right SSID as it goes by this site http://zlhams.wikidot.com/aprs-ssidguide
          K7CDL
          Ron

          a look at the XMITLVL, it was as you stated 100,
          > changed it to 300,
          changed TX DELAY TO 15, I think it worked, I can see my
          > station now, I
          am also reading some to the links you and others have posted,
          > hopefully
          I can get better educated on this APRS stuff.
          -----

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
            Ron K7CDL wrote...

            > also this is for everyone, don't forget about setting up the right
            > SSID as it goes by this site http://zlhams.wikidot.com/aprs-ssidguide

            That's OK, and some people will adhere to the guide, but that's all it
            is - just a guide. Identifying a station type by SSID was once a
            standard, but is no longer.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • Teddy Banks
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
              What does a semicolon  in front of a line of text do. Thanks

              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 22, 2009
                Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

                > What does a semicolon in front of a line of text do. Thanks

                Are you thinking of the APRS data type identifier? A semicolon
                is used for a message. There's a copy of the APRS spec at...

                www.ui-view.org/files/APRS101.pdf 3.1 MB or in ZIP form
                www.ui-view.org/files/APRS101.zip 780 KB

                73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
              • Rudy Benner