Re: Scripting 1 second pause

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 17, 2009

      > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Alan alan@... wrote:
      >
      > > They make the script run correctly.
      > >
      > > I throw all those commands at the OT2, it executes them. By the
      > > time the beacon is sent, the path has already switched back to nul.
      > > The 2 second delay will let the beacon come out, and then change
      > > the path back.
      >
      > Interesting... I would have thought that the beacon would be acted
      > upon before the path change...
      >
      > Indeed your idea has merit. I'd still use the second method, using the
      > counter to determine when events happen.
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV

      This script does four different  beacons:
      On powerup
      when the profile switch is toggled, Profile1, Profile2
      When GPS is locked.  (The "On GPS Fix" is a pulse, so I used the counter to stop the beacon after one TX).

      Power control is set to 2 seconds delay to keep all packets separated by two seconds, otherwise several packets can go out at the same time. If no delay, The second packet can get gobbered by the local digi forwarding the first packet.

      If Profile 1
      Do Once
      Exec "BEACON >LOCAL MODE, WIDE1-1"
      End Block
      End Block
      If Profile 2
      Do Once
      Exec "BEACON >DX MODE, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1"
      End Block
      End Block
      On Startup
      Exec "BEA >Ignition on, Argent OT-2 is ready for action. www.argentdata.com"
      End Block
      On GPS Fix
      If Counter 1 = 0
      Exec "bea >Nuvi-350 is now locked on target, Lets Roll!!!"
      Increment Counter 1
      End Block
      End Block

      Alan