RE: [tracker2] Garmin "Database Error"

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 9, 2006
      --- Jon <c0j_1999@...> wrote:

      > Dunno if this has been answered.. your waypoint
      > database is full.

      I would normally agree, but I started testing by
      wiping out all of the present waypoints and starting
      with a clean slate. Plus, the 176c is good for 3000
      waypoints and even before I dumped what was in there,
      I only had about 30 saved.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 20, 2006
        Maybe after the cleanup and refactoring is done it'll be more practical to migrate to Java.

        I do worry about cross-platform serial support though.  Many high-level packages just don't cut it.  At least I don't have to have it send a break signal like it used to, but there's still quite a bit of baud rate switching and flushing and such going on.  It has to send reset sequences at several different rates and get back to 19200 baud within a few hundred milliseconds to listen for an ACK.  Even adding a USB adapter into the mix complicates things because of the added latency and the variation in how they respond to baud rate changes.

        I'm working to simplify things, but some of it is still going to be a little funky.

        Scott