RE: [tracker2] Garmin "Database Error"

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 7, 2006
      I'm pretty sure my D7 sent some that caused problems.  I know I've heard of it with the D700.  Try an object with a . - or _ in the name.

      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 20, 2006
        Maybe after the cleanup and refactoring is done it'll be more practical to migrate to Java.

        I do worry about cross-platform serial support though.  Many high-level packages just don't cut it.  At least I don't have to have it send a break signal like it used to, but there's still quite a bit of baud rate switching and flushing and such going on.  It has to send reset sequences at several different rates and get back to 19200 baud within a few hundred milliseconds to listen for an ACK.  Even adding a USB adapter into the mix complicates things because of the added latency and the variation in how they respond to baud rate changes.

        I'm working to simplify things, but some of it is still going to be a little funky.

        Scott