garmin 350 cradle

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 3, 2009
      Scott,
      I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you have any or do you have the part number for them.
      Thanks,
      Jeff
      N5XHI
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 3, 2009
        Sorry, I don't. You might check gilsson.com - they have lots of
        aftermarket cables and parts.

        Scott

        jeff wrote:

        > Scott,
        > I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you
        > have any or do you have the part number for them.
        > Thanks,
        > Jeff
        > N5XHI

      • k7ybz
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 3, 2009
          You might also check with Garmin since they are still refurbishing the 350s.

          Larry
          K7YBZ

          > Sorry, I don't. You might check gilsson.com - they have lots of
          > aftermarket cables and parts.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > jeff wrote:
          > >

          > > Scott,
          > > I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you
          > > have any or do you have the part number for them.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Jeff
          > > N5XHI

        • Ed Lizard
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 3, 2009
            jeff wrote:
            > Scott,
            > I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you have any or do you have the part number for them.
            > Thanks,
            > Jeff
            > N5XHI

            The illustration "implies" that this includes what you want.

            http://www.boaterbarn.com/garmin_suction_cup_mount_f_3122_prd1.htm
          • Joe Krout
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 4, 2009
              Jeff,
              Try this,

              part no. 010-10815-01 or 010-10815-00

              One has the stick on disk as well.

              $30 US + shipping from Garmin
              A quick search on the th part numbers shows several 3rd party vendors as well.

              73
              Joe
              W0PWJ

              On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM, jeff <n5xhi@...> wrote:
              Scott,
              I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you have any or do you have the part number for them.
              Thanks,
              Jeff
              N5XHI

            • wb0vhb
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 4, 2009
                Check out this web page. I didn't buy a cradle from them, but did buy a Ram mount on Ebay. Really nice cradles and much more functional than the stock one Garmin sells.

                http://www.gpscity.com/gps-mount/garmin/nuvi-350

                Randy

                > Sorry, I don't. You might check gilsson.com - they have lots of
                > aftermarket cables and parts.
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > jeff wrote:
                > >

                > > Scott,
                > > I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you
                > > have any or do you have the part number for them.
                > > Thanks,
                > > Jeff
                > > N5XHI

              • Paul Vittorino
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                  The only problem with the GPSCity cradle is it does not replace the
                  Garmin cradle, only supplements it. "The cradle will fit around the
                  Garmin cradle that is included with the purchase of the Garmin nuvi
                  3xx series unit."

                  Paul

                  On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:16 PM, wb0vhb wrote:

> [...]
                  > padding: 10px; } #activity span { font-weight: 700; } #activity
                  > span:first-child { text-transform: uppercase; } #activity span a
                  > { color: #5085b6; text-decoration: none; } #activity span span
                  > { color: #ff7900; } #activity span .underline { text-decoration:
                  > underline; } .attach { clear: both; display: table; font-family:
                  > Arial; font-size: 12px; padding: 10px 0; width: 400px; } .attach
                  > div a { text-decoration: none; } .attach img { border: none;
                  > padding-right: 5px; } .attach label { display: block; margin-
                  > bottom: 5px; } .attach label a { text-decoration: none; }
                  > blockquote { margin: 0 0 0 4px; } .bold { font-family: Arial;
                  > font-size: 13px; font-weight: 700; } .bold a { text-decoration:
                  > none; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; }
                  > dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-
                  > weight: 700; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; }
                  > div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-
                  > table { width: 400px; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active,
                  > div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration:
                  > none; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-
                  > title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }
                  > div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family:
                  > Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } .green { color:
                  > #628c2a; } .MsoNormal { margin: 0 0 0 0; } o { font-size: 0; }
                  > #photos div { float: left; width: 72px; } #photos div div { border:
                  > 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; }
                  > #photos div label { color: #666666; font-size: 10px; overflow:
                  > hidden; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; width: 64px; }
                  > #reco-category { font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc { font-size:
                  > 77%; } .replbq { margin: 4px; } #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { /*
                  > border-right: 0px solid #000;*/ margin-right: 2px; padding-right:
                  > 5px; } #ygrp-mlmsg { font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial,
                  > helvetica,clean, sans-serif; *font-size: small; *font: x-small; }
                  > #ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size: inherit; font: 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg
                  > select, input, textarea { font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-
                  > serif; } #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code { font:115% monospace; *font-size:
                  > 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height: 1.22em; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo
                  > { padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; } #ygrp-
                  > msg p a { font-family: Verdana; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span
                  > { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head
                  > { color: #ff7900; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco { margin-bottom:
                  > 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a { font-size: 130%;
                  > text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li { font-size: 77%;
                  > list-style-type: square; padding: 6px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul
                  > { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 8px; } #ygrp-text { font-family:
                  > Georgia; } #ygrp-text p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-text tt { font-
                  > size: 120%; } #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right: none !
                • Ron K7CDL
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                    does anyone else on here have problems with the suction cup mount staying on the window? sometimes mine will stay and sometimes it wont. is there a better suction cup mount that will stick better to the window. i have to get this setting right before my OT2m gets here (might be a wile as they are on backorder).
                    K7CDL
                    Ron Swart
                  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                      I find that it sticks better (aka longer) if I wet it before mounting.
                      Mine only falls off when I close up the vehicle and park it in the
                      Florida sunshine for 3-8 hours, and then, only if it's been stuck for a
                      week or so.

                      My theory is that the suction cup wasn't really designed for permanent
                      mounting and the material softens in the heat and flattens from being
                      attached for so long. When it finally gets soft and flat enough, air
                      leaks in and it falls down. I've also found that it stays up longer if
                      I relax the lever and let it sit overnight before re-mounting it.

                      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Owner of 2 Nuvi 350s KJ4ERJ-9 and KJ4OVQ-9

                      Ron K7CDL wrote:
                      > does anyone else on here have problems with the suction cup mount staying on the window? sometimes mine will stay and sometimes it wont. is there a better suction cup mount that will stick better to the window. i have to get this setting right before my OT2m gets here (might be a wile as they are on backorder).
                      > K7CDL
                      > Ron Swart

                    • Fred Hillhouse
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                        I don't use suction cup mounting for anything. I have not found anything that sticks permanently enough. It can release at the worst time.

                        Imagine what happens when it releases while you are driving, you may reach for it to save it from hitting the floor, dash or some other item that may break it or be broken.  This could be voice of experience speaking.

                        Worst case, you hit another car, that would really be bad. I have not done that.

                        And, just in case you travel about, some states are more than happy to write a citation if anything excepting state approved items are stuck to the windshield.

                      • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                          well I only in wyoming and montana. my problem is I share the semi truck I'm in. I work 5 on, 5 off. I'm always moving the gps to diffent vechials. I cant do any permanent setups.
                          K7CDL
                          Ron Swart

                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                            Agreed on all the risks. I have mine over the dash so that when (not
                            if) it releases, it falls about 1/2 inch and nestles between the dash
                            and the windshield (GMC Safari and Pontiac Parissienne).

                            How do you mount your Nuvi that doesn't use the suction cup nor risk
                            windshield obstruction citations?

                            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

                            Fred Hillhouse wrote:

                            > I don't use suction cup mounting for anything. I have not found
                            > anything that sticks permanently enough. It can release at the worst time.
                            >
                            > Imagine what happens when it releases while you are driving, you may
                            > reach for it to save it from hitting the floor, dash or some other
                            > item that may break it or be broken. This could be voice of
                            > experience speaking.
                            >
                            > Worst case, you hit another car, that would really be bad. I have not
                            > done that.
                            >
                            > And, just in case you travel about, some states are more than happy to
                            > write a citation if anything excepting state approved items are stuck
                            > to the windshield.

                          • Pete Lilja
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                              I used some 3M (Scotch Brand) outdoor foam tape and stuck a 'decorative' magnet to the one flat spot on my dash.  I then stuck the adhesive backed Garmin suction cup mate to a round piece of steel plate with the Nuvi's suction cup attached to that.  The magnet so far holds really well but is very easy to remove and hide the Nuvi when parked (I stuck another magnet under the dash to 'hang' the Nuvi out of sight but still connected to the cords).  I am very happy with my arrangement as it's neat, clean, sturdy and convenient.

                              Pete
                              KCØGPB

                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                                There is also the "air vent mount" type.  I recommend this one for those people who need to move between cars.  I also highly recommend using it because it is easier to hide, crooks can see the circle on your windshield, or recognise the bean bag, so they know there is a GPS in there somewhere.  From what I am told, GPS units are a very common theft item.

                                Got mine for under $10 on amazon.
                                GA-VENT: Garmin Nuvi Vent Mount for Garmin Nuvi
                                <http://www.amazon.com/GA-VENT-Garmin-Nuvi-Mount-265WT/dp/B001ORML9G/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1257438440&sr=8-29>

                                or search for "garmin GPS mount" it will find many alternatives.

                                "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...>
                                Sent by: tracker2@yahoogroups.com

                                11/05/2009 10:22 AM

                                Please respond to
                                tracker2@yahoogroups.com

                                tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                                cc
                                Subject
                                Re: [tracker2] garmin 350 suction cup

                                tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                                > *Subject:* [tracker2] garmin 350 suction cup
                                >

                                > does anyone else on here have problems with the suction cup mount
                                > staying on the window? sometimes mine will stay and sometimes it
                                > wont. is there a better suction cup mount that will stick better
                                > to the window. i have to get this setting right before my OT2m
                                > gets here (might be a wile as they are on backorder).
                                > K7CDL
                                > Ron Swart

                              • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                                  I think you can get a hard plastic disc that will allow the suction
                                  cup to stick better. of course you would need one disc for each
                                  vehicle. personally I pushed out the roll pin in flipper handle and
                                  removed suction cup altogether and shot a screw thru base into my
                                  radio head mount.
                                  Wes

                                  --
                                  Wes
                                  ---
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                                    That does present a problem.

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                                      On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Ron K7CDL <nakitatrucker@...> wrote:
                                      > does anyone else on here have problems with the suction cup mount staying on the window? sometimes mine will stay and sometimes it wont. is there a better suction cup mount that will stick better to the window. i have to get this setting right before my OT2m gets here (might be a wile as they are on backorder).

                                      I once had a RAM-mount suction cup on my windshield, but in TX, the
                                      problem was that after a few years, it had MELTED to the windshield!

                                      --
                                      J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
                                      joe@...
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009
                                        I find that most of the time it fell of was when turning a corner, so the GPS or thing never just fell where I expected it to.

                                        I have my GPS mount and the face of my voice radio on one mount. The mount currently is duct taped to the dash. It looks ugly but it does work. I have a bracket planned that will hold the miscellaneous stuff by sliding into the gaps between dash panels and locking in. Now I just have to make it.

                                        Fred Hillhouse wrote:

                                        > I don't use suction cup mounting for anything. I have not found
                                        > anything that sticks permanently enough. It can release at the worst time.
                                        >
                                        > Imagine what happens when it releases while you are driving, you may
                                        > reach for it to save it from hitting the floor, dash or some other
                                        > item that may break it or be broken. This could be voice of
                                        > experience speaking.
                                        >
                                        > Worst case, you hit another car, that would really be bad. I have not
                                        > done that.
                                        >
                                        > And, just in case you travel about, some states are more than happy to
                                        > write a citation if anything excepting state approved items are stuck
                                        > to the windshield.

                                      • Johannes Bø
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Nov 5, 2009

                                          I ordered a dashboard mount with adhesive tape (one for temporally use and one for REAL permanent use) for a couple of months ago. Ask your Garmin dealer for this (p/n# 010-10723-04). This is a full replacement for the suction cup.

                                          Additionally you can order a bean bag (p/n# 010-10908-00) if you don’t want to install the mount.

                                          Johannes

                                          LA4JAA

                                          does anyone else on here have problems with the suction cup mount staying on the window? sometimes mine will stay and sometimes it wont. is there a better suction cup mount that will stick better to the window. i have to get this setting right before my OT2m gets here (might be a wile as they are on backorder).
                                          K7CDL
                                          Ron Swart

                                        • kg7vq
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Nov 10, 2009
                                            I don't know if you found what you need but a e-bay search of "Nuvi 350 cradle" turned up just the cradle, among other things.

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Nov 10, 2009
                                              i found a lot of them on ebay here is one right here
                                              http://cgi.ebay.com/GARMIN-NUVI-350-360-370-CAR-SUCTION-CUP-MOUNT-w-CRADLE_W0QQitemZ320356189393

                                              K7CDL
                                              Ron Swart

                                              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "kg7vq" <redelen@...> wrote:

                                              > I don't know if you found what you need but a e-bay search of "Nuvi 350 cradle" turned up just the cradle, among other things.
                                              >

                                              > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Ed Lizard <n3gxh@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > jeff wrote:
                                              > > > Scott,
                                              > > > I lost the charge cradle that fits on the back of the nuvi 350. Do you have any or do you have the part number for them.
                                              > > > Thanks,
                                              > > > Jeff
                                              > > > N5XHI
                                              > > >

                                              > > The illustration "implies" that this includes what you want.
                                              > >

                                              > > http://www.boaterbarn.com/garmin_suction_cup_mount_f_3122_prd1.htm

                                            • Gene
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Nov 11, 2009
                                                I don't use my suction cup, but a very reliable cup holder set up from Gomadic. Here is the link if you want to take a look.

                                                www.gomadic.com/cup-add-on.html