RE: [tracker2] Garmin "Database Error"

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 7, 2006
      --- scott@... wrote:

      > Haven't seen that. Does it do it with EVERY
      > station?

      Yes, from the time I turned everything on, until I
      finally changed over to binary mode.

      > Could be it's letting
      > through a character that the GPS doesn't like. If
      > you can, capture an
      > offending waypoint string in your terminal program
      > and send it to me.

      I'll see if I can do that for you. I had my D7
      running along side it and was watching the D7 decode
      packets just fine. No weird callsigns or objects, all
      of them were a callsign with SSID. I did'nt see
      anything that seemed odd. I'll log some WPL string in
      HyperTerminal and send it your way.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 20, 2006
        Maybe after the cleanup and refactoring is done it'll be more practical to migrate to Java.

        I do worry about cross-platform serial support though.  Many high-level packages just don't cut it.  At least I don't have to have it send a break signal like it used to, but there's still quite a bit of baud rate switching and flushing and such going on.  It has to send reset sequences at several different rates and get back to 19200 baud within a few hundred milliseconds to listen for an ACK.  Even adding a USB adapter into the mix complicates things because of the added latency and the variation in how they respond to baud rate changes.

        I'm working to simplify things, but some of it is still going to be a little funky.

        Scott