Re: [tracker2] Ultimate birthday gift.

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
      I probably will start a group. What email did you send to that bounced,
      and what message did it bounce with?

      It has wind speed, direction, and rain sensors on a mast, and inside the
      box it has temperature and barometric pressure, and optionally humidity.

      So far the only external sensor it supports is the DS18S20 1-wire
      temperature sensor. I'll be adding support for a couple of others, and
      eventually you'll be able to configure it to indicate which sensor is
      what (e.g., inside humidity, outside humidity.)

      I've been putting some work into the voice function because I think
      that'll open up some new markets for it, and nothing else affordable has
      that. For only running at 8192 samples/second it sounds very good, but
      it does have a considerable advantage over the SR1 repeater (from which
      I borrowed a fair amount of code) in that the samples can all be
      recorded at 44 kHz, 16 bits/sample, and then normalized, filtered, and
      resampled on a PC with no constraints on DSP horsepower.

      Scott

      Ronny Julian wrote:

      > I tried asking you off list but the email bounced. What sensors (wind
      > speed, direction, rain) will be available for it? Are you going to
      > start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

    • Adam Fast

        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
          I'd have listed the beta units on the website by now if I hadn't gotten
          the flu last week.

          Retail price should be $150 or so.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009