Re: [tracker2] Ultimate birthday gift.

  • G8UVE
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
      From: "Jon" <c0j_1999@...>
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>

      : >Scott
      :
      : I was thinking Christmas myself ;).
      :
      : Cheers
      : John
      :

      I'm told miracles hapen at Christmas

      Mine are made to happen................... by ME -;))

      Lets hope your lucky

      54 days and counting

      David G8UVE
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
        I probably will start a group. What email did you send to that bounced,
        and what message did it bounce with?

        It has wind speed, direction, and rain sensors on a mast, and inside the
        box it has temperature and barometric pressure, and optionally humidity.

        So far the only external sensor it supports is the DS18S20 1-wire
        temperature sensor. I'll be adding support for a couple of others, and
        eventually you'll be able to configure it to indicate which sensor is
        what (e.g., inside humidity, outside humidity.)

        I've been putting some work into the voice function because I think
        that'll open up some new markets for it, and nothing else affordable has
        that. For only running at 8192 samples/second it sounds very good, but
        it does have a considerable advantage over the SR1 repeater (from which
        I borrowed a fair amount of code) in that the samples can all be
        recorded at 44 kHz, 16 bits/sample, and then normalized, filtered, and
        resampled on a PC with no constraints on DSP horsepower.

        Scott

        Ronny Julian wrote:

        > I tried asking you off list but the email bounced. What sensors (wind
        > speed, direction, rain) will be available for it? Are you going to
        > start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

      • Adam Fast

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
            I'd have listed the beta units on the website by now if I hadn't gotten
            the flu last week.

            Retail price should be $150 or so.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009