Re: [tracker2] Ultimate birthday gift.

  • Ronny Julian
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
      I tried asking you off list but the email bounced.  What sensors (wind speed, direction, rain) will be available for it?  Are you going to start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
        >Glad to hear it. 21 of the ADS-WS1 v1.1 boards came in today. Got two
        >built, minus the terminal blocks and humidity sensors that I don't have
        >on hand. Some of the voice samples will need to be re-recorded, but
        >it's getting there.
        >I'm going to have to nail down the feature set for the first firmware
        >release and get it finished up. If I wait until I've got all of the
        >planned features implemented, it'll be May before I ship anything.

        >Scott

        I was thinking Christmas myself ;).

        Cheers
        John
      • G8UVE
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
          From: "Jon" <c0j_1999@...>
          To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>

          : >Scott
          :
          :
          : I was thinking Christmas myself ;).
          :
          : Cheers
          : John
          :

          I'm told miracles hapen at Christmas

          Mine are made to happen................... by ME -;))

          Lets hope your lucky

          54 days and counting

          David G8UVE
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
            I probably will start a group. What email did you send to that bounced,
            and what message did it bounce with?

            It has wind speed, direction, and rain sensors on a mast, and inside the
            box it has temperature and barometric pressure, and optionally humidity.

            So far the only external sensor it supports is the DS18S20 1-wire
            temperature sensor. I'll be adding support for a couple of others, and
            eventually you'll be able to configure it to indicate which sensor is
            what (e.g., inside humidity, outside humidity.)

            I've been putting some work into the voice function because I think
            that'll open up some new markets for it, and nothing else affordable has
            that. For only running at 8192 samples/second it sounds very good, but
            it does have a considerable advantage over the SR1 repeater (from which
            I borrowed a fair amount of code) in that the samples can all be
            recorded at 44 kHz, 16 bits/sample, and then normalized, filtered, and
            resampled on a PC with no constraints on DSP horsepower.

            Scott

            Ronny Julian wrote:

            > I tried asking you off list but the email bounced. What sensors (wind
            > speed, direction, rain) will be available for it? Are you going to
            > start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

          • Adam Fast

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                I'd have listed the beta units on the website by now if I hadn't gotten
                the flu last week.

                Retail price should be $150 or so.

                Scott

                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009