Re: [tracker2] Ultimate birthday gift.

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
      >And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
      >right? =]
      >
      >Scott

      Yup,
      de John
      EI7IG
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
        Glad to hear it. 21 of the ADS-WS1 v1.1 boards came in today. Got two
        built, minus the terminal blocks and humidity sensors that I don't have
        on hand. Some of the voice samples will need to be re-recorded, but
        it's getting there.

        I'm going to have to nail down the feature set for the first firmware
        release and get it finished up. If I wait until I've got all of the
        planned features implemented, it'll be May before I ship anything.

        Scott

        Jon wrote:

        > >And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
        > >right? =]
        > >
        > >Scott
        >
        > Yup,
        > de John
        > EI7IG

      • Ronny Julian
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
          I tried asking you off list but the email bounced.  What sensors (wind speed, direction, rain) will be available for it?  Are you going to start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

          Jon wrote:

          >  >And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
          >  >right? =]
          >  >
          >  >Scott
          >
          > Yup,
          > de John
          > EI7IG

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
            >Glad to hear it. 21 of the ADS-WS1 v1.1 boards came in today. Got two
            >built, minus the terminal blocks and humidity sensors that I don't have
            >on hand. Some of the voice samples will need to be re-recorded, but
            >it's getting there.
            >I'm going to have to nail down the feature set for the first firmware
            >release and get it finished up. If I wait until I've got all of the
            >planned features implemented, it'll be May before I ship anything.

            >Scott

            I was thinking Christmas myself ;).

            Cheers
            John
          • G8UVE
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
              From: "Jon" <c0j_1999@...>
              To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>

              : >Scott
              :
              :
              : I was thinking Christmas myself ;).
              :
              : Cheers
              : John
              :

              I'm told miracles hapen at Christmas

              Mine are made to happen................... by ME -;))

              Lets hope your lucky

              54 days and counting

              David G8UVE
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                I probably will start a group. What email did you send to that bounced,
                and what message did it bounce with?

                It has wind speed, direction, and rain sensors on a mast, and inside the
                box it has temperature and barometric pressure, and optionally humidity.

                So far the only external sensor it supports is the DS18S20 1-wire
                temperature sensor. I'll be adding support for a couple of others, and
                eventually you'll be able to configure it to indicate which sensor is
                what (e.g., inside humidity, outside humidity.)

                I've been putting some work into the voice function because I think
                that'll open up some new markets for it, and nothing else affordable has
                that. For only running at 8192 samples/second it sounds very good, but
                it does have a considerable advantage over the SR1 repeater (from which
                I borrowed a fair amount of code) in that the samples can all be
                recorded at 44 kHz, 16 bits/sample, and then normalized, filtered, and
                resampled on a PC with no constraints on DSP horsepower.

                Scott

                Ronny Julian wrote:

                > I tried asking you off list but the email bounced. What sensors (wind
                > speed, direction, rain) will be available for it? Are you going to
                > start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

              • Adam Fast

                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                    I'd have listed the beta units on the website by now if I hadn't gotten
                    the flu last week.

                    Retail price should be $150 or so.

                    Scott

                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009