Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 350 and OT2m as mobile, what do you all think?

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2009
      It really *shouldn't* be that sensitive to stray RF, not in its case
      anyway. I would check the routing of your radio cables, and maybe add a
      ferrite clamp. There are ferrite chips on the board for all of the
      radio and serial connections, too.

      Ordinarily I can't get one to lock up with 50w of RF right next to it.
      But the new board revision's got extra protection - multilayer transient
      voltage suppressors that are mostly there to bleed off ESD and save it
      from momentary wiring mistakes, but they also add some capacitive filtering.

      Scott