Re: T2-301 Power Curve

  • Rudy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      Thanks Iain.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudy" <benner@...> wrote:

      > Yes, please, benner@...
      >

      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g7iii" <g7iii@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Guys,
      > >
      > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
      > >
      > > A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118
      > >
      > > Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.
      > >
      > > If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)
      > >

      > > 73s
      > >
      > > Iain

    • k7ybz
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
        Iain,

        Nice work on your summary page! If you could make a PDF and post in the files section of both the page and the raw data, that would be helpful to a lot of people.

        Larry
        K7YBZ

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
          > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
          > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
          > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.

          The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
          Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
          several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
          figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
          probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

          Scott
        • g7iii
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009

            > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
            > > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
            > > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
            >
            > The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
            > Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
            > several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
            > figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
            > probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

            Doh! Lord only knows how I made that mistake. And throughout the entire article. I've fixed the article, and I'll redo the graph this evening

            I'll also try and get a PDF and the raw data uploaded as per Larry's suggestion

            Iain