Re: T2-301 Power Curve

  • Rudy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      Yes, please, benner@...

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g7iii" <g7iii@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
      >
      > A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118
      >
      > Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.
      >
      > If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)
      >

      > 73s
      >
      > Iain

    • Rudy
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        Thanks Iain.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudy" <benner@...> wrote:

        > Yes, please, benner@...
        >

        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g7iii" <g7iii@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Guys,
        > >
        > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
        > >
        > > A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118
        > >
        > > Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.
        > >
        > > If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)
        > >

        > > 73s
        > >
        > > Iain

      • k7ybz
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
          Iain,

          Nice work on your summary page! If you could make a PDF and post in the files section of both the page and the raw data, that would be helpful to a lot of people.

          Larry
          K7YBZ

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
            > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
            > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
            > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.

            The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
            Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
            several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
            figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
            probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

            Scott
          • g7iii
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009

              > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
              > > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
              > > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
              >
              > The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
              > Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
              > several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
              > figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
              > probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

              Doh! Lord only knows how I made that mistake. And throughout the entire article. I've fixed the article, and I'll redo the graph this evening

              I'll also try and get a PDF and the raw data uploaded as per Larry's suggestion

              Iain