T2-301 Power Curve

  • g7iii
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi Guys,

      I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.

      A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118

      Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.

      If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)

      73s

      Iain
    • Rudy
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        Yes, please, benner@...

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g7iii" <g7iii@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
        >
        > A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118
        >
        > Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.
        >
        > If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)
        >

        > 73s
        >
        > Iain

      • Rudy
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          Thanks Iain.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudy" <benner@...> wrote:

          > Yes, please, benner@...
          >

          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "g7iii" <g7iii@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Guys,
          > >
          > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
          > >
          > > A Summary writeup is here: http://hal.g7iii.net/wordpress/?p=118
          > >
          > > Power levels were measured at SETLEVELs of 11, 17, 22, 27, 31, 34, 41, 50, 55, 62, 66, 70, 75, 99. They were picked according to the power output I was trying to achieve. The T2-301 was being fed 13.8 volts.
          > >
          > > If anyone wants the raw data, holler, and I can post it, or send it privately (it's only a spreadsheet)
          > >

          > > 73s
          > >
          > > Iain

        • k7ybz
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
            Iain,

            Nice work on your summary page! If you could make a PDF and post in the files section of both the page and the raw data, that would be helpful to a lot of people.

            Larry
            K7YBZ

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
              > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
              > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
              > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.

              The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
              Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
              several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
              figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
              probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

              Scott
            • g7iii
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009

                > > I'm not sure if anyone has sat down and measured what Power Output was
                > > created by each "SETLEVEL" setting on the T2-301, but since I have a
                > > need to limit ERP to 25 Watts, I decided to sit down and do just that.
                >
                > The command is "SETPOWER", but other than that it looks good.
                > Consistent with what I get, at least in general shape. I'd like to run
                > several curves at different voltages when I get a chance. If I can
                > figure out how to pull the power reading from the HP 8920A I can
                > probably automate most of it - I don't have a programmable power supply.

                Doh! Lord only knows how I made that mistake. And throughout the entire article. I've fixed the article, and I'll redo the graph this evening

                I'll also try and get a PDF and the raw data uploaded as per Larry's suggestion

                Iain