Re: This accessory is not supported

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2009
      The final chapter:

      I received mini USB cables that I ordered from Argent, and used one to
      replace the defective mini USB connector on the GARMIN interface cable.
      I added the appropriate 8.2K resistor from the brown wire to ground, as
      shown in many documents in the files area. Works like a champ, no
      issues.

      The problem of the Nuvi 350 reporting "This accessory is not supported"
      was a result of the ground side of the 8.2K resistor in the GARMIN
      manufactured mini USB plug not being properly connected to the ground.
      There was no solder on that connection in my cable, the resistor lead
      was just lying adjacent to a bare ground wire in the potted area of the
      connector itself. Other wires to the connector leads were soldered and
      covered with heat shrink within the potted area. That intermittent
      connection drove me nuts for a while!

      Dave KI4PSR