Ultimate birthday gift.

    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 29, 2009
      Wow, my birthday is just past, and today in the mail I got the best
      birthday present... a new shiny OT2!

      Who could ask for anything better?

      Now I can get back to testing and playing, since I deployed the last
      of my OT2s as a digipeater over a month ago.

      Sure is nice when you have friends that know how to pick excellent presents! 8)

    • Dale Seaburg
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
        Well, my b'day is about 1 month off, so mine is an early surprise
        present *today*. WooHoo! Thanks Scott for getting them out pronto!

        It'll replace the OT+ in my car. The OT+ will probably go on my
        bicycle.

        73 - Dale. KG5LT

        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
          10 more OT2m rev 2.0a's are on the way to my German reseller shortly,
          but that's likely to be it until the next batch of cases is done,
          probably at least two weeks from now. Fortunately the lead time on
          those is steady.

          For stuff like processors it's getting worse. I just got an update from
          the main component distributor I deal with, and they're seeing lead
          times on the Freescale MCUs stretching out to 20+ weeks in some cases.
          I was lucky enough to grab the last 288 of the AP64's they had in stock,
          so I'm OK on those for now for T2s.

          The difficult part for me is that I'm having to at least double the
          quantities of parts I'm ordering to avoid gaps in availability. It's a
          little hard on the cash reserves. And I haven't started ordering any of
          the 'big ticket' parts (baro and humidity sensors, $8 to $20 each) for
          the weather stations yet.

          The joys of small business ownership. =]

          Scott

          Dale Seaburg wrote:

          > Well, my b'day is about 1 month off, so mine is an early surprise
          > present *today*. WooHoo! Thanks Scott for getting them out pronto!
          >
          > It'll replace the OT+ in my car. The OT+ will probably go on my
          > bicycle.
          >
          > 73 - Dale. KG5LT
        • Ronny Julian
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
            The SBA is practically trying to force loans out the door in some areas.  Stimulus donchaknow!

            Dale Seaburg wrote:

            > Well, my b'day is about 1 month off, so mine is an early surprise
            > present *today*. WooHoo! Thanks Scott for getting them out pronto!
            >
            > It'll replace the OT+ in my car. The OT+ will probably go on my
            > bicycle.
            >
            > 73 - Dale. KG5LT

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
              Ronny Julian wrote:

              > The SBA is practically trying to force loans out the door in some
              > areas. Stimulus donchaknow!

              Got enough debt already! Actually a big part of my cash crunch this
              month is from paying down too much on existing lines of credit... I
              underestimated inventory expenses. I still have plenty of credit
              available, I'd just rather get through without using it, and it looks
              like I'll be fine. If I can keep up payments at this rate I'll be
              totally debt-free in under a year for the first time since... well,
              probably about age 18.

              I'm hoping Garmin gets FMI v2.5 out the door soon, and does it right so
              we can get waypoint display on the new nuvis. That should be a good
              boost for both the T2 and GTRANS (which will need a new hardware rev).

              And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
              right? =]

              Scott
            • Teddy Banks
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
                I must have had my head in the sand, what is the news about a Garmin FMI v2.5 update.

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 30, 2009
                  Just rumors, mostly. I've only heard it called v2.5 in the Garmin
                  developer forums. Supposedly the next iteration of the FMI protocol in
                  the 12xx, 13xx, and 14xx series will have some form of waypoint/favorite
                  control.

                  Garmin knows how APRS users want it to work. In the next couple of
                  months we should find out if they actually did anything about it.

                  Scott

                  Teddy Banks wrote:

                  > I must have had my head in the sand, what is the news about a Garmin FMI
                  > v2.5 update.

                • Ronny Julian

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 31, 2009
                    • Teddy Banks
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 31, 2009
                        I for one, wish they would support the big screen GPS units, I don't see as well as I once did.

                        Teddy Banks wrote:

                        > I must have had my head in the sand, what is the news about a Garmin FMI
                        > v2.5 update.

                      • Teddy Banks
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 31, 2009
                          According to their web site, offer valid until 10/31/09
                            Message 13 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                              Glad to hear it. 21 of the ADS-WS1 v1.1 boards came in today. Got two
                              built, minus the terminal blocks and humidity sensors that I don't have
                              on hand. Some of the voice samples will need to be re-recorded, but
                              it's getting there.

                              I'm going to have to nail down the feature set for the first firmware
                              release and get it finished up. If I wait until I've got all of the
                              planned features implemented, it'll be May before I ship anything.

                              Scott

                              Jon wrote:

                              > >And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
                              > >right? =]
                              > >
                              > >Scott
                              >
                              > Yup,
                              > de John
                              > EI7IG

                            • Ronny Julian
                              Message 14 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                                I tried asking you off list but the email bounced.  What sensors (wind speed, direction, rain) will be available for it?  Are you going to start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

                                Jon wrote:

                                >  >And of course, everyone's going to buy an ADS-WS1 weather station,
                                >  >right? =]
                                >  >
                                >  >Scott
                                >
                                > Yup,
                                > de John
                                > EI7IG

                                <*> Your email settings:
                                    Individual Email | Traditional

                                <*> To change settings online go to:
                                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                                <*> To change settings via email:
                                    mailto:tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                    mailto:tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Jon
                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                                  >Glad to hear it. 21 of the ADS-WS1 v1.1 boards came in today. Got two
                                  >built, minus the terminal blocks and humidity sensors that I don't have
                                  >on hand. Some of the voice samples will need to be re-recorded, but
                                  >it's getting there.
                                  >I'm going to have to nail down the feature set for the first firmware
                                  >release and get it finished up. If I wait until I've got all of the
                                  >planned features implemented, it'll be May before I ship anything.

                                  >Scott

                                  I was thinking Christmas myself ;).

                                  Cheers
                                  John
                                • G8UVE
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                                    From: "Jon" <c0j_1999@...>
                                    To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>

                                    : >Scott
                                    :
                                    :
                                    : I was thinking Christmas myself ;).
                                    :
                                    : Cheers
                                    : John
                                    :

                                    I'm told miracles hapen at Christmas

                                    Mine are made to happen................... by ME -;))

                                    Lets hope your lucky

                                    54 days and counting

                                    David G8UVE
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 2, 2009
                                      I probably will start a group. What email did you send to that bounced,
                                      and what message did it bounce with?

                                      It has wind speed, direction, and rain sensors on a mast, and inside the
                                      box it has temperature and barometric pressure, and optionally humidity.

                                      So far the only external sensor it supports is the DS18S20 1-wire
                                      temperature sensor. I'll be adding support for a couple of others, and
                                      eventually you'll be able to configure it to indicate which sensor is
                                      what (e.g., inside humidity, outside humidity.)

                                      I've been putting some work into the voice function because I think
                                      that'll open up some new markets for it, and nothing else affordable has
                                      that. For only running at 8192 samples/second it sounds very good, but
                                      it does have a considerable advantage over the SR1 repeater (from which
                                      I borrowed a fair amount of code) in that the samples can all be
                                      recorded at 44 kHz, 16 bits/sample, and then normalized, filtered, and
                                      resampled on a PC with no constraints on DSP horsepower.

                                      Scott

                                      Ronny Julian wrote:

                                      > I tried asking you off list but the email bounced. What sensors (wind
                                      > speed, direction, rain) will be available for it? Are you going to
                                      > start a new separate Yahoo group for it?

                                    • Adam Fast

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                                          I'd have listed the beta units on the website by now if I hadn't gotten
                                          the flu last week.

                                          Retail price should be $150 or so.

                                          Scott

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009