RE: [tracker2] ARRL/TAPR DCC

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
      The request for a title came like 30 minutes after I posted that, so I stuck with the 'swiss army knife' thing.  I see Byon's on the schedule for Friday with a talk on the TinyTrak4.  Should be interesting.  And the talk right before mine is on a subject I'd considered doing a paper on myself - forward error correction extensions to AX.25.  My idea involved appending Reed-Solomon syndrome data in a small frame following the regular data frame, constructed such that it'd never be mistaken for a valid AX.25 frame itself.  That way it'd be invisible to anything that didn't support it.  I wonder how the other presenter's approach will compare.

      Any suggestions for particular aspects of the T2 I ought to cover?  Not that I usually have trouble filling time - last time I was asked to give a 45 minute talk up at Cal Poly they cut me off at about 90.  =]

      Scott