ARRL/TAPR DCC

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
      Who's coming to DCC in Tucson this year? They had a couple of speaking
      slots open, so I volunteered to give a 45 minute talk about the T2, and show
      off some of what it can do. I'll be showing the hardware (and maybe selling
      stuff if I've got anything available) in the demo room as well, of course.

      Any suggestions for a talk title? Hmm.. maybe I could go with 'Tracker2:
      The APRS Swiss Army Knife'. =] Conveys what I'm trying to do with the
      project, more or less.

      Scott
    • Jason Rausch
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
        --- scott@... wrote:

        > Any suggestions for a talk title? Hmm.. maybe I
        > could go with 'Tracker2:
        > The APRS Swiss Army Knife'. =]

        I still like "Tracker2: This Aint Your Daddy's
        TinyTrak!"

        Oops, did I say that?

        Kidding aside, I like the SAK idea. It really is an
        APRS SAK type of device. Just what can't you do with
        the Tracker2???

        Jason KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com
      • Keri Morgret
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
          I was the one that had the license plate "This is not my dad's
          callsign" when I was in high school!

          Put in the T-Hunting features, and the Tracker2 can even read bedtime
          stories - to the whole town. :)

          N6TME
          Keri Morgret
          Morgret Designs

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
            The request for a title came like 30 minutes after I posted that, so I stuck with the 'swiss army knife' thing.  I see Byon's on the schedule for Friday with a talk on the TinyTrak4.  Should be interesting.  And the talk right before mine is on a subject I'd considered doing a paper on myself - forward error correction extensions to AX.25.  My idea involved appending Reed-Solomon syndrome data in a small frame following the regular data frame, constructed such that it'd never be mistaken for a valid AX.25 frame itself.  That way it'd be invisible to anything that didn't support it.  I wonder how the other presenter's approach will compare.

            Any suggestions for particular aspects of the T2 I ought to cover?  Not that I usually have trouble filling time - last time I was asked to give a 45 minute talk up at Cal Poly they cut me off at about 90.  =]

            Scott