Re: [tracker2] T2-135 and Garmin Nuvi 350

  • Al Waschka
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 7, 2009
      Maybe the Nuvi has gotten in some strange mode.

      Power the Nuvi off.  Remove the serial cable from the Nuvi,  Turn the Nuvi on.  You should get a warning in the top right corner that has a circle/red x over a USB cable.  When you touch it you should get a message that says "Communications device is not responding.. Please check connections".  If you are not getting this message the Nuvi does not know it is in Fleet Management mode.  Try resetting it to defaults (you will probably lose all your wapoints, etc.) and connect it back to the T2 and see if the T2 can get it into FM mode.  If you are not getting that message, afer connecting the T2, then the two units are communicating at some level.  Then the trick will be to see if the T2 is not sending the data or the Nuvi is not receiving it.

      From: tbanks204 <tbanks204@embarqmai l.com>
      Subject: [tracker2] T2-135 and Garmin Nuvi 350
      To: tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 9:32 PM

      My Nuvi appears to have developed a problem receving messages, it was working ok, but now when I send a test message to it, nothing is received, and when I use the --Version test, it will only receive it when I reboot the Nuvi, it appears to be showing other stations on the map, I have sent some test messages to KC0WNY-15, it does not receive them , any thoughts on what the matter is?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/tracker2/ join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:tracker2-digest@ yahoogroups. com
          mailto:tracker2-fullfeatur ed@yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

    • Teddy Banks
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 12, 2009
        Got the problem resolved  I think, ordered another nuvi 350 though, going to need a cable for a Kenwood TM-710A though. Thanks
        I'm not sold out of the 010-10813-00' s if that's what you're talking
        about. Inventory count might be out of date, but I think I fixed it a
        day or two ago.

        Scott