Byonics M1C versus M12C for use with Kenwood TM-V71M radio

  • n1kcg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      Was trying to set up a Tracker2 to work with my Kenwood TM-V71M radio, and using a Byonics M1C cable to get communication between the TNC and the radio. This was suggested in a projects page at another web site.

      Turns out that the M1C cable does not pass audio (Packet data) from the radio to the Tracker 2. You need the Byonics M12C cable instead.

      Just a heads up for anyone using this cable, and the radio.