RE: [tracker2] OT2 and GTRANS together

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 2, 2009
    Greetings,

    Finished the install based on the last email or two.

    The pictures show the connections.
    Red: +5v
    Black: Ground
    Yellow: Data in

    This last go around proved to be simple.
    Basically the steps are:
    1. Remove heat shrink. No more than what covers the USB solder points is
    necessary to remove.
    2. Solder suitable wires into the holes. Only 3 holes!
    3. Connect the other end to the OT2 PCB.
    4. Route the NMEA cable out the power cable hole and you are done.
    5. Select port B for Garmin.

    That wraps up the GPS side of the GTRANS.

    I picked the Kenwood cable because I have an ample supply of DE-9s. I can
    always use another right angle 2.5MM plug. I left that connector on for now.
    For one, I have a D7 to try it with. I have no doubt it will function. A
    future change will be to move the NMEA output to pin 1 of the serial
    connector and build a three headed cable: PC, GPS, NMEA.

    In the photos, you will see a ribbon cable and connector. This is for the
    LCD display. I wrapped the ribbon around the Kenwood cable and exited out
    the back. I guess I should add a photo for the LCD interface.

    Best regards,
    Fred
  • Broncus
    Message 31 of 31 , Oct 3, 2009
      Hmm, I saw the pictures in the attachments but now they are not there. If they don't return by Monday, I will repost.