Re: [tracker2] OT2 and GTRANS together

    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 2, 2009
      > The resistor was added because the processor on the GTRANS runs at 3.3 volts
      > and the output from the OT2 is at 5V. I have not checked yet whether the
      > GTRANS processor has 5V tolerant inputs.

      I think the GTRANS processor wants inputs no more than .2v over Vdd.
      The processor will run at 5v, though, and the MAX3232 should as well. I
      ran it at 3.3v because the signals to and from the nuvi are 3.3v.

      But rather than mess with that, I'd just try running the data out from
      the nuvi to both the GTRANS and OT2m in parallel.

      Scott
    • Broncus
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 3, 2009
        Hmm, I saw the pictures in the attachments but now they are not there. If they don't return by Monday, I will repost.