Re: Cable from Tracker2 to Icom HT

  • k7ybz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27 12:18 PM
      Since you are connecting to a tracker2, set the HT jumper inside the tracker rather than add a resistor. The jumper does that for you.

      Note that BOTH the SPKR and MIC plugs need to be of the stereo variety otherwise you short out functions. The 103 cable has a mono plug for the speaker. The manual page iv specifically states that the 2.5mm socket will short and cause a failure to the radio. It does not specifically mention the 3.5 mm socket, but .......

      SPKR--3.5 mm stereo:
      tip -- RX audio -- to OT2 PIN 5
      ring -- Clone
      sleeve -- ground -- to OT2 PIN 6

      MIC--2.5 mm stereo:
      tip -- MIC audio -- to OT2 PIN 1
      ring -- (Conflicting info available but in your case not used)
      sleeve -- ground -- to OT2 PIN 6

      With an Ohmmeter you can check the connections of the OPC-1797 as I do not have one. Here are the DIN connections from the service manual:

      Pin 1 -- Mic input
      Pin 2 -- 5 volt
      Pin 3 -- Clone (to CPU)
      Pin 4 -- RS232 RX