RE: [tracker2] Tracker2 with LCD display

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 18, 2009
      "What about adding this information into the Wiki?" - James VE6SRV

      Greetings,

      I edited my first Wiki page, "Connecting an LCD to the OT2m". Thanks James
      for the push. :)
      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=LCD_Interfacing#Connecting_an_LCD
      _to_the_OT2m

      I did make an error though. Sorry! For some reason, the next page is to the
      right of the inserted information. I am not seeing what I am missing. Well,
      I guess that goes without saying, obviously it isn't there. Maybe someone
      can let me know what to add. ;)

      Anyway, I added the schematic that went out as an attachment on 09/17/09.
      For those that have added an LCD display panel, I would ask that you review
      the schematic.

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred
    • JohnD
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 7, 2010
        > - display outputs gibberish characters on lines 1/3 when T2 writes to it. But I never see gibberish on lines 2/4

        Power up sequence? What Power up sequence? Ohhhhhhhhh, you mean *that* power up sequence.

        Fred tells me the following in an email "The LCD has a particular startup sequence and this will only be done at the T2 startup."

        Whereas, I took the WIKI quite literally "No configuration is necessary. The standard Tracker2 firmware will begin using the display automatically. "

        So, I just plugged it in, hot. What a newbie mistake!

        > -I put an SPST switch on +5v input (pin 15 on the mono8) and
        > here's the really weird part. When I turn on the switch, the display and the backlight LEDs come on. When I turn off the switch, the LEDS remain on, but dim down a bit.

        Bad switch - still delivering +3.9V power in the OFF position