Re: [tracker2] Serial-Bluetooth

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2009
      On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Nigel Service <ve1nps@...> wrote:

      I presume most know how "finicky" serial-USB adaptors can be but I have seen advertised, serial-Bluetooth adaptors.

      You haven't _seen_ finicky until you deal with bluetooth.  USB/rs232 is rock solid and easy to use in comparison.

      If you get the cheapest usb/232 adapter you can find, they are more trouble than if you get a more reputable device.  The chipset seems to have more to do with reliability than the manufacturer does.  I have found FTDI devices to be superior to others (with Keyspan running a very close second).

      caveat: I'm running a mac powerbook; your bluetooth mileage may vary.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv