[tracker2] LCD diifference

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009
    Greetings,

    I have noticed that every time I receive KB1MTS-3, the LCD displays "traphite Legacy GT". It is every time. I attached a LCD screenshot.

    On APRS.FI it is different. The station sends "Graphite Legacy GT".
    2009-08-27 07:34:39 EDT: KB1MTS-3>TR3R9Y,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,qAR,KB1MTS:`c=`m4#>/]Graphite Legacy GT

    The PDA (SmartPalm/KISS) displays it correctly.

    I am not sure why the difference but it doesn't seem to be a problem with an upper case G.

    I have not noticed any other differences so it probably isn't worth spending any time on, but it is intriguing. However, if it is a bug, it has been around for a couple of revisions at least.

    Best regards,
    Fred

    Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2009
      Looks like what you're seeing is the 't' from 'ft' in the top line
      wrapping to the third line. It's a quirk of the 4-line displays that
      lines 1 and 3 are logically adjacent, as are 2 and 4.

      What firmware build are you using? I thought I'd already fixed that.

      Scott

      Fred Hillhouse wrote:

      > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Fred Hillhouse included below]
      >
      > Greetings,
      >

      > I have noticed that every time I receive KB1MTS-3, the LCD displays
      > "traphite Legacy GT". It is every time. I attached a LCD screenshot.
      >
      > On APRS.FI it is different. The station sends "Graphite Legacy GT".
      > 2009-08-27 07:34:39 EDT: KB1MTS-3
      > <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KB1MTS-3>>TR3R9Y,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,qAR,KB1MTS
      > <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KB1MTS>:`c=`m4#>/]Graphite Legacy GT
      >
      > The PDA (SmartPalm/KISS) displays it correctly.
      >
      > I am not sure why the difference but it doesn't seem to be a problem
      > with an upper case G.
      >
      > I have not noticed any other differences so it probably isn't worth
      > spending any time on, but it is intriguing. However, if it is a bug, it
      > has been around for a couple of revisions at least.
      >

      > Best regards,
      > Fred
      >
      > **

    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2009
        Hi Scott,

        I didn't notice the missing 't' on the first line. I will have to check the version today but I think it is the latest or at least close. I updated it about 3-4 weeks ago.

        Thanks!

        Fred Hillhouse wrote:

        > [Attachment( s) <#TopText> from Fred Hillhouse included below]
        >
        > Greetings,
        >

        > I have noticed that every time I receive KB1MTS-3, the LCD displays
        > "traphite Legacy GT". It is every time. I attached a LCD screenshot.
        >
        > On APRS.FI it is different. The station sends "Graphite Legacy GT".
        > 2009-08-27 07:34:39 EDT: KB1MTS-3
        > <http://aprs. fi/?c=raw& limit=&call= KB1MTS-3>>TR3R9Y,WIDE1- 1,WIDE2-2, qAR,KB1MTS
        > <http://aprs. fi/?c=raw& limit=&call= KB1MTS>:`c=`m4#>/] Graphite Legacy GT
        >
        > The PDA (SmartPalm/KISS) displays it correctly.
        >
        > I am not sure why the difference but it doesn't seem to be a problem
        > with an upper case G.
        >
        > I have not noticed any other differences so it probably isn't worth
        > spending any time on, but it is intriguing. However, if it is a bug, it
        > has been around for a couple of revisions at least.
        >

        > Best regards,
        > Fred
        >
        > **

      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2009
          Build is 54746.

          Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hi Fred,

            The problem should be fixed in the latest firmware build. The problem
            was that it was making the decision on where to put the digits based on
            the range in miles, even though it was showing feet.

            Scott

            Fred Hillhouse wrote:

            > Build is 54746.

          • Fred Hillhouse
            Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2009
              I figured that was the case. I just loaded the new firmware and should have results at lunch.