Re: [tracker2] Powering a Tracker2

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3 10:41 PM
      On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM, kd8kwh<kd8kwh@...> wrote:

      > I have an opentracker+ and I know it gets it's power from the
      > serial/ radio connector. Can the Tracker2 be powered in the
      > same way? Or does it need power to the separate connection?
      >
      > Reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if I get a Tracker2 will my
      > existing opentracker cables work or will I need different ones.

      The wiki is a wonderful thing...

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Radio_Wiring

    • Tom Hayward
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 10:46 PM
        > I have an opentracker+ and I know it gets it's power from the serial/ radio
        > connector. Can the Tracker2 be powered in the same way? Or does it need
        > power to the separate connection?

        Yes, the Tracker2 can be powered through the radio port, pin 7, same at the OT+

        I'm running a Tracker2 this way now. My radio has 13.8V output
        available on the accessory connector, so I'm using that to power the
        Tracker2. I've got RX audio, TX audio, PTT, 13.8V, and Ground all
        coming from the radio into the serial port on the Tracker2 for a
        one-cable digipeater.

        Tom KD7LXL
      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4 5:59 AM
          I connect my T2 to a Phoenix SX and draw the power from it and run it right into the radio port with the rest of the radio connections. :)

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4 7:52 AM
            Yes, it'll work exactly the same.