Powering a Tracker2

  • kd8kwh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have an opentracker+ and I know it gets it's power from the serial/ radio connector. Can the Tracker2 be powered in the same way? Or does it need power to the separate connection?

      Reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if I get a Tracker2 will my existing opentracker cables work or will I need different ones. Thanks!
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:43 PM, kd8kwh<kd8kwh@...> wrote:

        > I have an opentracker+ and I know it gets it's power from the
        > serial/ radio connector. Can the Tracker2 be powered in the
        > same way? Or does it need power to the separate connection?
        >
        > Reason I'm asking is I'm wondering if I get a Tracker2 will my
        > existing opentracker cables work or will I need different ones.

        The wiki is a wonderful thing...

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Radio_Wiring

      • Tom Hayward
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          > I have an opentracker+ and I know it gets it's power from the serial/ radio
          > connector. Can the Tracker2 be powered in the same way? Or does it need
          > power to the separate connection?

          Yes, the Tracker2 can be powered through the radio port, pin 7, same at the OT+

          I'm running a Tracker2 this way now. My radio has 13.8V output
          available on the accessory connector, so I'm using that to power the
          Tracker2. I've got RX audio, TX audio, PTT, 13.8V, and Ground all
          coming from the radio into the serial port on the Tracker2 for a
          one-cable digipeater.

          Tom KD7LXL
        • Fred Hillhouse
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
            I connect my T2 to a Phoenix SX and draw the power from it and run it right into the radio port with the rest of the radio connections. :)

            Best regards,
            Fred N7FMH

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
              Yes, it'll work exactly the same.