Re: [tracker2] D710 & GTRANS

  • Tom Hayward
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      > My mobile setup is a D710 using a GTRANS cable into a Nuvi 350. I run A-band
      > as my APRS side on the 710. When I monitor 144.39 the system works as
      > advertised, but when I switch over to 445.925 and monitor the UHF APRS
      > channel, received stations show up on the D710 list, but aren't plotted on
      > the Nuvi 350 display. Has anyone else tinkered with this or experienced the
      > same issue?
      >
      > Kurt
      > KE7KUS

      This sounds very much like the problem I was having. Using the 144.350
      MHz 9600 baud network here (comprised of mostly D700/D710 digipeaters
      in packet mode), the digipeaters weren't plotted on the Nuvi. Scott
      traced it to, I believe, an error parsing a null altitude field as
      opposed to a 0 altitude, and the problem was fixed with a firmware
      update. Scott emailed me the firmware update software and the cable is
      simple to build--just a DB9 with pins 2/3/5 connected to a 2.5mm
      stereo plug.

      Tom KD7LXL