Re: [tracker2] WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater settings

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      Try ALIAS 1 WIDE1

      That, combined with the HOPLIMIT, I think will do what you're after.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      Tom Hayward wrote:
      > I'm trying to set up a WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater at my house. I found
      > instructions for this setup many times over in the list archives, but
      > it's not working...
      >
      > My WIDE1-1 digipeater is currently digipeating almost everything it
      > sees. Specifically, I've seen it digipeat WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, and
      > WIDE1-1. I don't want it to digipeat anything but WIDE1-1.
      >
      > My settings:
      > DIGI ON
      > ALIAS 1:WIDE 2:TEMP 3:SAR
      > HOPLIMIT 1:1 2:7 3:7 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0 8:0
      > PREEMPT 1:OFF 2:OFF 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
      > USEALIAS 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
      >
      > With HOPLIMIT 1:1 I'd expect it to only digipeat WIDE1-n.
      >
      > Version is current development build from web, "Tracker2 Build 54746".
      >
      > I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem to be
      > right either. Help!
      >
      > Tom KD7LXL

    • Tom Hayward
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        > Try ALIAS 1 WIDE1

        This works! Thank you.

        The way the documentation reads I thought it was not correct to use a
        number in the alias. I thought an alias of WIDE1 would then only match
        WIDE1n-N.

        I added a line in the wiki to clarify this:
        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup#Aliases

        Tom KD7LXL