WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater settings

  • Tom Hayward
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      I'm trying to set up a WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater at my house. I found
      instructions for this setup many times over in the list archives, but
      it's not working...

      My WIDE1-1 digipeater is currently digipeating almost everything it
      sees. Specifically, I've seen it digipeat WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, and
      WIDE1-1. I don't want it to digipeat anything but WIDE1-1.

      My settings:
      DIGI ON
      ALIAS 1:WIDE 2:TEMP 3:SAR
      HOPLIMIT 1:1 2:7 3:7 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0 8:0
      PREEMPT 1:OFF 2:OFF 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
      USEALIAS 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF

      With HOPLIMIT 1:1 I'd expect it to only digipeat WIDE1-n.

      Version is current development build from web, "Tracker2 Build 54746".

      I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem to be
      right either. Help!

      Tom KD7LXL
    • Rudy Benner
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Yes, I see the same thing, also on the OT2m and the T2-135 when it decides to work.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hayward <tom@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to set up a WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater at my house. I found
        > instructions for this setup many times over in the list archives, but
        > it's not working...
        >
        > My WIDE1-1 digipeater is currently digipeating almost everything it
        > sees. Specifically, I've seen it digipeat WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, and
        > WIDE1-1. I don't want it to digipeat anything but WIDE1-1.
        >
        > My settings:
        > DIGI ON
        > ALIAS 1:WIDE 2:TEMP 3:SAR
        > HOPLIMIT 1:1 2:7 3:7 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0 8:0
        > PREEMPT 1:OFF 2:OFF 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
        > USEALIAS 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
        >
        > With HOPLIMIT 1:1 I'd expect it to only digipeat WIDE1-n.
        >
        > Version is current development build from web, "Tracker2 Build 54746".
        >
        > I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem to be
        > right either. Help!
        >
        > Tom KD7LXL

      • Rudy Benner
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
          I see what looks like an error.

          ALIAS 1:WIDE should be ALIAS 1:WIDE1 etc.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hayward <tom@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying to set up a WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater at my house. I found
          > instructions for this setup many times over in the list archives, but
          > it's not working...
          >
          > My WIDE1-1 digipeater is currently digipeating almost everything it
          > sees. Specifically, I've seen it digipeat WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, and
          > WIDE1-1. I don't want it to digipeat anything but WIDE1-1.
          >
          > My settings:
          > DIGI ON
          > ALIAS 1:WIDE 2:TEMP 3:SAR
          > HOPLIMIT 1:1 2:7 3:7 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0 8:0
          > PREEMPT 1:OFF 2:OFF 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
          > USEALIAS 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
          >
          > With HOPLIMIT 1:1 I'd expect it to only digipeat WIDE1-n.
          >
          > Version is current development build from web, "Tracker2 Build 54746".
          >
          > I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem to be
          > right either. Help!
          >
          > Tom KD7LXL

        • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
            Try ALIAS 1 WIDE1

            That, combined with the HOPLIMIT, I think will do what you're after.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

            Tom Hayward wrote:
            > I'm trying to set up a WIDE1-1 fill-in digipeater at my house. I found
            > instructions for this setup many times over in the list archives, but
            > it's not working...
            >
            > My WIDE1-1 digipeater is currently digipeating almost everything it
            > sees. Specifically, I've seen it digipeat WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1, and
            > WIDE1-1. I don't want it to digipeat anything but WIDE1-1.
            >
            > My settings:
            > DIGI ON
            > ALIAS 1:WIDE 2:TEMP 3:SAR
            > HOPLIMIT 1:1 2:7 3:7 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0 8:0
            > PREEMPT 1:OFF 2:OFF 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
            > USEALIAS 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:OFF 5:OFF 6:OFF 7:OFF 8:OFF
            >
            > With HOPLIMIT 1:1 I'd expect it to only digipeat WIDE1-n.
            >
            > Version is current development build from web, "Tracker2 Build 54746".
            >
            > I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it doesn't seem to be
            > right either. Help!
            >
            > Tom KD7LXL

          • Tom Hayward
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
              > Try ALIAS 1 WIDE1

              This works! Thank you.

              The way the documentation reads I thought it was not correct to use a
              number in the alias. I thought an alias of WIDE1 would then only match
              WIDE1n-N.

              I added a line in the wiki to clarify this:
              http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup#Aliases

              Tom KD7LXL