Re: [tracker2] Wx on 1 cable for my OT+

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
      You can just connected a DS18S20 sensor to the 1-wire bus and use the
      EXTTEMP ON command in the latest development build.

      Scott

      gervais wrote:

      > hi all
      > i wonder iff someone have just install one proble for the outside
      > temperature??
      > i just need to know the temperature outside the OT+ closure,,,
      > i will install an OT+ on my skidoo next winter and i would install a
      > probe on the skidoo to know the celcius degrees outside.
      > do you know someone that would sell such a board ,,,,i will have to
      > connect it at my OT+,,
      > thanks for helping me in my project
      > Gervais ve2ckn

    • gervais
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
        thank,s Scott
        too bad my order is gone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        gervais

        > You can just connected a DS18S20 sensor to the 1-wire bus and use the
        > EXTTEMP ON command in the latest development build.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > gervais wrote:
        >>

        >> hi all
        >> i wonder iff someone have just install one proble for the outside
        >> temperature??
        >> i just need to know the temperature outside the OT+ closure,,,
        >> i will install an OT+ on my skidoo next winter and i would install a
        >> probe on the skidoo to know the celcius degrees outside.
        >> do you know someone that would sell such a board ,,,,i will have to
        >> connect it at my OT+,,
        >> thanks for helping me in my project
        >> Gervais ve2ckn

      • gervais
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
          is there a shematic somewhere to show me how,what cable,,to connect too what
          pinn on the OT+?
          Thanks Scott for all your effort in APRS .

          gervais ve2ckn

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
            For what weather station?

            Scott

            gervais wrote:

            > Scott
            > is there a shematic somewhere to show me how,what cable,,to connect too
            > what
            > pinn on the OT+?
            > Thanks Scott for all your effort in APRS .
            >
            > gervais ve2ckn

          • gervais
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
              DS18S20,
              i thaught that i could fix it somewhere on the snowmobile ,,,,with some tape
              ot tye-rap and wire it ,,and connect it at the OT+ ??
              i am wrong here
              i thaught it would become an extension of the temperature sensor on the
              board

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                The OT1+ only uses the DS18S20 in weather mode. The T2 can use a
                DS18S20 as an external sensor.

                The easiest thing for the OT1+ is to remove the LM335Z and wire it up
                remotely.

                Scott

                gervais wrote:

                > Scott
                > DS18S20,
                > i thaught that i could fix it somewhere on the snowmobile ,,,,with some
                > tape
                > ot tye-rap and wire it ,,and connect it at the OT+ ??
                > i am wrong here
                > i thaught it would become an extension of the temperature sensor on the
                > board
                >
                > gervais

              • gervais
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                  well
                  i will leave my OT= as it is ,,,since i dont have the eyes my broken one,,,i
                  wont try too
                  dismantle the brand new i juste received today for my project,,,,
                  anyway the idea has been noted here
                  73/s Scott,Thanks

                  Gervais ve2ckn
                  Le Bic,Quebec