Wx on 1 cable for my OT+

  • gervais
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
      hi all
      i wonder iff someone have just install one proble for the outside temperature??
      i just need to know the temperature outside the OT+ closure,,,
      i will install an OT+ on my skidoo next winter and i would install a probe on the skidoo to know the celcius degrees outside.
      do you know someone that would sell such a board ,,,,i will have to connect it at my OT+,,
      thanks for helping me in my project
      Gervais ve2ckn

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
        You can just connected a DS18S20 sensor to the 1-wire bus and use the
        EXTTEMP ON command in the latest development build.

        Scott

        gervais wrote:

        > hi all
        > i wonder iff someone have just install one proble for the outside
        > temperature??
        > i just need to know the temperature outside the OT+ closure,,,
        > i will install an OT+ on my skidoo next winter and i would install a
        > probe on the skidoo to know the celcius degrees outside.
        > do you know someone that would sell such a board ,,,,i will have to
        > connect it at my OT+,,
        > thanks for helping me in my project
        > Gervais ve2ckn

      • gervais
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2009
          thank,s Scott
          too bad my order is gone now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          gervais

          > You can just connected a DS18S20 sensor to the 1-wire bus and use the
          > EXTTEMP ON command in the latest development build.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > gervais wrote:
          >>

          >> hi all
          >> i wonder iff someone have just install one proble for the outside
          >> temperature??
          >> i just need to know the temperature outside the OT+ closure,,,
          >> i will install an OT+ on my skidoo next winter and i would install a
          >> probe on the skidoo to know the celcius degrees outside.
          >> do you know someone that would sell such a board ,,,,i will have to
          >> connect it at my OT+,,
          >> thanks for helping me in my project
          >> Gervais ve2ckn

        • gervais
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
            is there a shematic somewhere to show me how,what cable,,to connect too what
            pinn on the OT+?
            Thanks Scott for all your effort in APRS .

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
              For what weather station?

              Scott

              gervais wrote:

              > Scott
              > is there a shematic somewhere to show me how,what cable,,to connect too
              > what
              > pinn on the OT+?
              > Thanks Scott for all your effort in APRS .
              >
              > gervais ve2ckn

            • gervais
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                DS18S20,
                i thaught that i could fix it somewhere on the snowmobile ,,,,with some tape
                ot tye-rap and wire it ,,and connect it at the OT+ ??
                i am wrong here
                i thaught it would become an extension of the temperature sensor on the
                board

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                  The OT1+ only uses the DS18S20 in weather mode. The T2 can use a
                  DS18S20 as an external sensor.

                  The easiest thing for the OT1+ is to remove the LM335Z and wire it up
                  remotely.

                  Scott

                  gervais wrote:

                  > Scott
                  > DS18S20,
                  > i thaught that i could fix it somewhere on the snowmobile ,,,,with some
                  > tape
                  > ot tye-rap and wire it ,,and connect it at the OT+ ??
                  > i am wrong here
                  > i thaught it would become an extension of the temperature sensor on the
                  > board
                  >
                  > gervais

                • gervais
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                    well
                    i will leave my OT= as it is ,,,since i dont have the eyes my broken one,,,i
                    wont try too
                    dismantle the brand new i juste received today for my project,,,,
                    anyway the idea has been noted here
                    73/s Scott,Thanks

                    Gervais ve2ckn
                    Le Bic,Quebec