Re: [tracker2] Software DCD

  • Wes Johnston
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
      The best way _would_ be if it could discern packet tones on the 144.39 radio at the reapter site.  But an AC coupled CD input like on the tiny tracks would be fine...  I'ts not likely that the 144.39 2m only el-cheap-o transceiver I put at my repeater site will have a COR output... but it is very likely that it will have a speaker jack.

      So in a nutshell... at a repeater site, we need a tnc that can discern packet tones and provide us a mute function... do call substitution and digipeat out on a 2nd radio on 144.39.  It needs to be able to either use speaker audio or a logic level COR signal to CSMA on 144.39.

      Scott, have you thought about making a stripped down simple carrier dector board?  Just looks for the transistions at the right time and provides ONLY a mute (ie DCD) indicator?

      Wes
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
        Didn't someone already built a '2211-based DCD board?  I think Bob was complaining about it.  As for the AC-coupled CD input, I just want to avoid adding another pot if I can avoid it...

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2006
          Well, if you don't include a AC coupled CD line, I'll (ie the end user) will have to make an AC coupled rectifier... seems like a simple cap in series with a diode so that the diode charges a .01uF of there abouts would do the trick... esp if you turned the volume all the way up.  Something like that could be built into the speaker line from the radio.... speaker audio in at one end, and logic signal out the other end.  The only real trick is making sure the charged cap bleeds down fast enough when the audio stops.

          Wes