Re: [tracker2] Tracker2 with LCD display

    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 14, 2009
      At a glance, yeah, that looks like it'll work.

      Scott

      Steven Palm wrote:

      > On Jan 8, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
      > > Since trackers with LCD displays seem to be the popular thing these
      > > days, and I'd already done it with the OT1+, I figured I'd take a shot
      > > at hooking a display up to a T2.
      >
      > Great work!
      >
      > I think these are compatible, right? If so, the price is right at
      > only $12:
      >
      > http://www.411techsystems.com/html/dm2004abb6ntdw.html
      > <http://www.411techsystems.com/html/dm2004abb6ntdw.html>
      >
      > Steve

    • JohnD
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 7, 2010
        > - display outputs gibberish characters on lines 1/3 when T2 writes to it. But I never see gibberish on lines 2/4

        Power up sequence? What Power up sequence? Ohhhhhhhhh, you mean *that* power up sequence.

        Fred tells me the following in an email "The LCD has a particular startup sequence and this will only be done at the T2 startup."

        Whereas, I took the WIKI quite literally "No configuration is necessary. The standard Tracker2 firmware will begin using the display automatically. "

        So, I just plugged it in, hot. What a newbie mistake!

        > -I put an SPST switch on +5v input (pin 15 on the mono8) and
        > here's the really weird part. When I turn on the switch, the display and the backlight LEDs come on. When I turn off the switch, the LEDS remain on, but dim down a bit.

        Bad switch - still delivering +3.9V power in the OFF position