Re: [tracker2] What cable do you use for hooking a OT2M into a TH-271A?

  • lists@ke4nyv.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2009
      I guess the topic was the message/question?

      For the 271A, its a no-brainer. Get yourself a 6 pin Mini-Din male to female extension cable. Cut the female end off with about 12" of tail. Open the radio and you will find 6 copper pads in a half moon layout. They are labeled with the Kenwood specific markings for a standard packet port. Ohm out the cable, so you have the correct wires going to the correct pads and put in your own packet port. Under the power harness, there is a little foam filler. Pull this out and your new packet pigtail will fit in this spot.

      Now take the other end of the cable and use it to connect your Tracker2 to your newly installed packet port pigtail.

      If you don't want to do it, email me at sales@... and I can work up a quote to do it for you. I have done several of my own and for other people as well.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com