Re: [tracker2] Danger--High Voltage

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
      RX: nnn = successful packet decode count since power up
      FCS: nnn = Frame Check Sum (or some such) - Failed decodes

      Is this on a Tracker2 or a T2-135?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4ERJ-9

      Don DeGregori wrote:

      > When I issue the command --VOLTAGE ON, and then issue command --INFO,
      > I see a bunch of stats. Interesting, I see VOLT: 15.27. Why is that?
      > I'm supplying 12.0 volts to the OT2.
      >
      > By the way, what do the other terms mean?
      > RX:897
      > FCS:727
      >
      > I can understand the rest.
      >
      > Thanks, Don

    • Don DeGregori
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
        It's an OT2. Probably the voltage sensor is the culprit.
        Don

        -- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

        > RX: nnn = successful packet decode count since power up
        > FCS: nnn = Frame Check Sum (or some such) - Failed decodes
        >
        > Is this on a Tracker2 or a T2-135?
        >
        > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4ERJ-9
        >
        > Don DeGregori wrote:
        > >

        > > When I issue the command --VOLTAGE ON, and then issue command --INFO,
        > > I see a bunch of stats. Interesting, I see VOLT: 15.27. Why is that?
        > > I'm supplying 12.0 volts to the OT2.
        > >
        > > By the way, what do the other terms mean?
        > > RX:897
        > > FCS:727
        > >
        > > I can understand the rest.
        > >
        > > Thanks, Don

      • Rudy Benner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
          I find mine are very accurate. Do you have another meter?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 7, 2009
            It shouldn't be that far off - have you checked the voltage with a
            voltmeter? I have lots of '12v' power supplies that put out around 14
            volts.

            'RX' is the number of valid packets received. 'FCS' is the number of
            frame check sequence errors. When running with open squelch, that
            number will slowly increase even when no traffic is present.

            Scott