Re: Cant transmit using a Kenwood TH-G71

  • Adrian Miura
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2009
      Thanks for the info. I did recheck the cable interface and when that did not correct the problem I fiddled with the menu settings. Turns out menu option 15 "trancever control" needs to be set to "off" for the OT2 to trigger the PTT.
      Hope this helps others with a TH-G71

      Adrian
      KD5HTZ

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "k7ybz" <k7ybz@...> wrote:

      > Adrian,
      >
      > You can test the PTT by removing the radio connector from the OT2 and shorting pin 3 (PTT) to pin 6 (GND). That should key the TH-G71. If it doesn't, recheck the wiring. If the wiring is correct, then either the diagram in the TH-G71 manual is incorrect or incomplete.
      >
      > If the TH-G71 does key up then make sure the HT jumper in the OT2 is open.
      >
      > I updated the wiring diagram in the files section to include that note about the HT jumper and added annotation to the pins on the OT2 radio connector block.
      >
      > Earlier this year there was someone else who was having the same problem. There was no additional information on whether the problem was found.
      >
      > Larry
      > K7YBZ
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian Miura" <adrianmiura@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have confirmed the cable pin outs match the diagram posted for the
      > > TH-G71.
      > >
      > > I can receive data but cant get the OM2 to trigger the PTT to transmit
      > > my location.
      > >
      > > Any help would be greatly appreciated
      > >
      > > Adrian Miura
      > >
      > > KD5HTZ

    • k7ybz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2009
        Adrian,

        Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the wiring diagram to include setting the menu option in the TH-G71.