Tracker with Garmin c530

  • Ronald Real
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      is anyone using the opentracker-ot2m with the Street Pilot c530? I already have the c530 and am looking at getting the tracker for APRS.

      Thanks Ron
      WR5RR
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Does the C530 do NMEA data via a serial port? Other people don't have
        to have used that specific GPS model for it to work for you. Read your
        manual.

        On 7/1/09, Ronald Real <wr5rr@...> wrote:
        > is anyone using the opentracker-ot2m with the Street Pilot c530? I already
        > have the c530 and am looking at getting the tracker for APRS.
        >
        > Thanks Ron
        > WR5RR

      • Garrett Sloan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
          I looked at a C530 I saw on sale a while ago, and it does apparently support the FMI interface via the 18 pin connection, but I never tried it with the OT2.
          Seeing as it supports FMI, I'm guessing that it would work as a GPS for the OT2, but the Nuvi 350 is the only unit that works "best" with the OT2 and waypoints.
          Its not a unit that anyone has tested with the OT2, or at least they haven't provided info on whether or not it works, compatible units and units that have been tested are listed at:
          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Garmin_FMI
          If a units not on the list and you have the ability to test it, please add that info as it helps everyone.

          Garrett
          VE6RKY

          > Does the C530 do NMEA data via a serial port? Other people don't have
          > to have used that specific GPS model for it to work for you. Read your
          > manual.
          >
          > James
          > VE6SRV
          >

          > On 7/1/09, Ronald Real <wr5rr@...> wrote:
          > > is anyone using the opentracker-ot2m with the Street Pilot c530? I already
          > > have the c530 and am looking at getting the tracker for APRS.
          > >
          > > Thanks Ron
          > > WR5RR

        • Ronald Real
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2009
            Yes Garmin has the cable, and so does the Tracker website. Garmin says it is compatible with the Fleet Management system. Like I said, I already own this GPS unit and wondered if others had used the C530 with the Tracker. It would be a really nice interface if it works with the tracker, providing a mobile display.
            Ron
            WR5RR