See more

  • Don DeGregori
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      Can the OT2 and nuvi 350 see more data and present it on screen like I see on FindU or other online APRS "find" applications?

      Don
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        Unless you do some serious application work, your OT2/Nuvi combination
        will only display what you can hear and decode on the APRS RF. APRS-IS,
        which is used by the on-line applications, is quite another beast
        entirely. I suspect your Nuvi really wouldn't appreciate that level of
        feed even if you could manage to stuff it down its USB throat.

        My Nuvi blinks a bit when a new waypoint is received from the T2-135. I
        can only imaging how bad it would be with the rate of updates from APRS-IS!

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile (APRS-IS on a
        Windows Mobile phone)

        Don DeGregori wrote:

        > Can the OT2 and nuvi 350 see more data and present it on screen like I
        > see on FindU or other online APRS "find" applications?
        >
        > Don

      • Don DeGregori
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          I now understand better. I never had a display of APRS in car like shown on the nuvi till now. Used to use a TT3 in the car, and told people to look for me online. And they did, and it was fun for a while. But, they were having more fun. I just kept driving along, presuming it was "squawking". Now, with the nuvi, I do see what they see, but less. I guess that's OK.
          Thanks, Don