Re: Your profiles

  • Garrett Sloan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
      > I have a Jeep icon and SmartBeaconing(tm) on one profile, a hiker
      > icon and fixed-interval beaconing on the other.
      >
      > When I park it sends out the hiker icon at a 7min? rate until the
      > APO device powers down everything, about 20-30 minutes after I shut
      > the engine off.
      >
      > I don't have the beacon on switching profiles option set. This
      > caused a problem in stop-and-go traffic.
      >
      > --
      > Curt, WE7U

      I run about the same, I do profile switching on voltage.
      Profile 1 is my mobile profile, with my truck symbol & smartbeaconing, scripting also changes my beacon text and powers on my Nuvi.
      When my voltage drops (truck shut off) it switches to profile 2, powers off the nuvi and changes to my stopped beacon text, symbol and only becons hourly.

      Garrett
      VE6RKY