Nuvi 350 not displaying stations

  • w2fcp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2009
      I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that had not been active in weeks. Now that I have updated it no stations are being identified on the display. It transmits my coordinates and messaging works fine, just no display of stations. What do I need to do to fix this?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2009
        Do you know the exact version number? Or is there a plain version 6?

        Scott

        w2fcp wrote:

        > I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to
        > updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that had
        > not been active in weeks. Now that I have updated it no stations are
        > being identified on the display. It transmits my coordinates and
        > messaging works fine, just no display of stations. What do I need to do
        > to fix this?

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 29, 2009
          W2FCP wrote...

          > I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to
          > updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that
          > had not been active in weeks.

          It's up to you to delete old station. The T2 doesn't tell it to do so,
          and the Nuvi doesn't have any "auto delete" function.

          > Now that I have updated it no stations are being identified on the
          > display. It transmits my coordinates and messaging works fine, just no
          > display of stations. What do I need to do to fix this?

          They should still be displaying. Make sure WAYPOINTS is ON and
          MAXRANGE isn't so short that is excluding all stations. Your receive
          audio must be OK if you are still receiving messages.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • k7ybz
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 29, 2009
            Scott,

            The latest software version off the Garmin site is 6.00. I just updated my 350 a couple of weeks ago, but I have not seen the behavior mentioned by Michael. My problem was getting into digis, but my setup was receiving and plotting stations on the 350 and occasionally mine would get there too.

            My 350 has been off since last Wednesday, but I just turned the unit on and the last set of stations are still being displayed. No radio is connected so it is not being updated.

            Just another perspective.

            Larry
            K7YBZ

            > Do you know the exact version number? Or is there a plain version 6?
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > w2fcp wrote:
            > >

            > > I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to
            > > updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that had
            > > not been active in weeks. Now that I have updated it no stations are
            > > being identified on the display. It transmits my coordinates and
            > > messaging works fine, just no display of stations. What do I need to do
            > > to fix this?

          • w2fcp
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009

              > W2FCP wrote...
              >
              > > I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to
              > > updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that
              > > had not been active in weeks.
              >
              > It's up to you to delete old station. The T2 doesn't tell it to do so,
              > and the Nuvi doesn't have any "auto delete" function.
              >
              > > Now that I have updated it no stations are being identified on the
              > > display. It transmits my coordinates and messaging works fine, just no
              > > display of stations. What do I need to do to fix this?
              >
              > They should still be displaying. Make sure WAYPOINTS is ON and
              > MAXRANGE isn't so short that is excluding all stations. Your receive
              > audio must be OK if you are still receiving messages.
              >
              > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

              Ok, just checked and Waypoints are on, I just set Maxrange to 50. I don't live in a metropolitan but there are about 10 stations I should be seeing with that range. I should also be seeing my mobile station name under the vehicle icon on the nuvi right?
            • w2fcp
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
                --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "w2fcp" <whitemg@...> wrote:

                > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@> wrote:
                > >
                > > W2FCP wrote...
                > >
                > > > I recently updated my Nuvi 350 to ver 6 of the software. Prior to
                > > > updating I noticed that the Nuvi was still displaying stations that
                > > > had not been active in weeks.
                > >
                > > It's up to you to delete old station. The T2 doesn't tell it to do so,
                > > and the Nuvi doesn't have any "auto delete" function.
                > >
                > > > Now that I have updated it no stations are being identified on the
                > > > display. It transmits my coordinates and messaging works fine, just no
                > > > display of stations. What do I need to do to fix this?
                > >
                > > They should still be displaying. Make sure WAYPOINTS is ON and
                > > MAXRANGE isn't so short that is excluding all stations. Your receive
                > > audio must be OK if you are still receiving messages.
                > >
                > > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                > > --
                > > "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"
                > >

                > Ok, just checked and Waypoints are on, I just set Maxrange to 50. I don't live in a metropolitan but there are about 10 stations I should be seeing with that range. I should also be seeing my mobile station name under the vehicle icon on the nuvi right?

                I just realized it has not worked properly since I started using it with my VX-170 a few days ago. I can send packets out, but am not getting anything in. I have the jumper set to HT. Is there any other settings I need to adjust?
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
                  Try adjusting the volume on the radio. You should be getting a green
                  light when it's receiving.

                  Scott

                  w2fcp wrote:

                  > "w2fcp" <whitemg@...> wrote:

                  > "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > W2FCP wrote...

                  > > > It's up to you to delete old station. The T2 doesn't tell it to do so,
                  > > > and the Nuvi doesn't have any "auto delete" function.

                  > just no
                  > > >
                  > > > They should still be displaying. Make sure WAYPOINTS is ON and
                  > > > MAXRANGE isn't so short that is excluding all stations. Your receive
                  > > > audio must be OK if you are still receiving messages.
                  > > >
                  > > > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                  > > > --
                  > > > "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"
                  > > >

                  > > Ok, just checked and Waypoints are on, I just set Maxrange to 50. I
                  > don't live in a metropolitan but there are about 10 stations I should be
                  > seeing with that range. I should also be seeing my mobile station name
                  > under the vehicle icon on the nuvi right?
                  > >

                  > I just realized it has not worked properly since I started using it with
                  > my VX-170 a few days ago. I can send packets out, but am not getting
                  > anything in. I have the jumper set to HT. Is there any other settings I
                  > need to adjust?

                • Keith VE7GDH
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
                    W2FCP wrote...

                    > Ok, just checked and Waypoints are on, I just set Maxrange to 50. I
                    > don't live in a metropolitan but there are about 10 stations I should
                    > be seeing with that range.

                    Are you decoding anything at all? How about taking it out of Garmin mode
                    and connecting a terminal program and turning MON ON. At least you
                    will know for sure then.

                    > I should also be seeing my mobile station name under the vehicle icon
                    > on the nuvi right?

                    Only if you hear yourself being digipeated.

                    73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                  • Fred Hillhouse
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
                      "Ok, just checked and Waypoints are on, I just set Maxrange to 50. I don't
                      live in a metropolitan but there are about 10 stations I should be seeing
                      with that range. I should also be seeing my mobile station name under the
                      vehicle icon on the nuvi right?"

                      You have to receive your packet back from a digipeater for your station to
                      appear on the GPS. Of course this assumes Waypoint are ON.

                      Best regards,
                      Fred