Digi Help

  • wd0afq
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
      My Tracker2 has stopped digipeating. The green light does not come on when receiveing packets. I do not know if that is important or not. For the past week it will only digi 2 or 3 signals in a 24 hour period. I have wracked my brain and changed every setting available. Any help will be appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dan
    • john
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 29, 2009
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "wd0afq" <wd0afq@...> wrote:

        > My Tracker2 has stopped digipeating. The green light does not come on when receiveing packets. I do not know if that is important or not. For the past week it will only digi 2 or 3 signals in a 24 hour period. I have wracked my brain and changed every setting available. Any help will be appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Dan

        When this happened to me it was the Radio<=>Rig interface.

        Is the radio receiving?
        Is the radio volume turned down too low, or perhaps turned off?
        Cables ok?

        Debug the radio using your ears, then look at the interface...
      • wd0afq
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 30, 2009
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@...> wrote:

          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "wd0afq" <wd0afq@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My Tracker2 has stopped digipeating. The green light does not come on when receiveing packets. I do not know if that is important or not. For the past week it will only digi 2 or 3 signals in a 24 hour period. I have wracked my brain and changed every setting available. Any help will be appreciated.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Dan
          > >

          > When this happened to me it was the Radio<=>Rig interface.
          >
          > Is the radio receiving?
          > Is the radio volume turned down too low, or perhaps turned off?
          > Cables ok?
          >
          > Debug the radio using your ears, then look at the interface...

          Thanks John. I have swapped radios and cables. The only time the green light ever comes on is during power up. The non digipeating was a gradual thing over a couple of days. There certainly are not enough basic instructions with these units.
          Dan
        • john
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
            aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in Bangladesh.
            Did you move recently? ;-)

            http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2

            This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted somehow.

            Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
          • wd0afq
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@...> wrote:

              > aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in Bangladesh.
              > Did you move recently? ;-)
              >
              > http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
              >
              > This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted somehow.
              >
              > Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
              > My tracker is -3 now. When I put the coords in it went to Bang. and would not let me move it. Said that move was too fast for the distance.
              So, I made it -3.
              I could take a digital pic of the screen and email it to you. Would that work?
              Thanks for your replies.
              Dan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                If aprs.fi gets a position off in the boonies, it can be quite a while
                before you can show up on that site back home. It will take as long as
                it would take you to travel back at 500 mph before it let's you show
                up at home.

                We've talked to Hessu about making the algorithm a little smarter so
                that if it gets stuck with a bad location, instead of waiting for you
                to be able to travel back at 500 mph, it would rather look at the last
                X number of positions, and be able to realize that the position it
                thinks was good was actually the bad one.

                It's a little annoying to be stuck where you're not for days on end.

                On 7/1/09, wd0afq <wd0afq@...> wrote:
                > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in
                >> Bangladesh.
                >> Did you move recently? ;-)
                >>
                >> http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
                >>
                >> This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted
                >> somehow.
                >>
                >> Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config
                >> panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
                >> My tracker is -3 now. When I put the coords in it went to Bang. and would
                >> not let me move it. Said that move was too fast for the distance.
                > So, I made it -3.
                > I could take a digital pic of the screen and email it to you. Would that
                > work?
                > Thanks for your replies.
                > Dan

              • Rudy Benner
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                  You say "It's a little annoying to be stuck where you're not for days on end", seems I have been there for most of my life, HI.

                  > If aprs.fi gets a position off in the boonies, it can be quite a while
                  > before you can show up on that site back home. It will take as long as
                  > it would take you to travel back at 500 mph before it let's you show
                  > up at home.
                  >
                  > We've talked to Hessu about making the algorithm a little smarter so
                  > that if it gets stuck with a bad location, instead of waiting for you
                  > to be able to travel back at 500 mph, it would rather look at the last
                  > X number of positions, and be able to realize that the position it
                  > thinks was good was actually the bad one.
                  >
                  > It's a little annoying to be stuck where you're not for days on end.
                  >
                  > James
                  > VE6SRV
                  >
                  > On 7/1/09, wd0afq <wd0afq@...> wrote:
                  > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@> wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >> aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in
                  > >> Bangladesh.
                  > >> Did you move recently? ;-)
                  > >>
                  > >> http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
                  > >>
                  > >> This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted
                  > >> somehow.
                  > >>
                  > >> Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config
                  > >> panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
                  > >> My tracker is -3 now. When I put the coords in it went to Bang. and would
                  > >> not let me move it. Said that move was too fast for the distance.
                  > > So, I made it -3.
                  > > I could take a digital pic of the screen and email it to you. Would that
                  > > work?
                  > > Thanks for your replies.
                  > > Dan

                • wd0afq
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                    --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudy Benner" <benner@...> wrote:

                    > You say "It's a little annoying to be stuck where you're not for days on end", seems I have been there for most of my life, HI.
                    >
                    > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, James Ewen <ve6srv@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > If aprs.fi gets a position off in the boonies, it can be quite a while
                    > > before you can show up on that site back home. It will take as long as
                    > > it would take you to travel back at 500 mph before it let's you show
                    > > up at home.
                    > >
                    > > We've talked to Hessu about making the algorithm a little smarter so
                    > > that if it gets stuck with a bad location, instead of waiting for you
                    > > to be able to travel back at 500 mph, it would rather look at the last
                    > > X number of positions, and be able to realize that the position it
                    > > thinks was good was actually the bad one.
                    > >
                    > > It's a little annoying to be stuck where you're not for days on end.
                    > >
                    > > James
                    > > VE6SRV

                    > > > So, I made it -3.
                    > > > I could take a digital pic of the screen and email it to you. Would that
                    > > > work?
                    > > > Thanks for your replies.
                    > > > Dan

                    If I can ever get this tracker going again I will program it as -2 and move it. I don't see anyway to delete -2.
                    Dan
                  • wd0afq
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@...> wrote:

                      > aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in Bangladesh.
                      > Did you move recently? ;-)
                      >
                      > http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
                      >
                      > This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted somehow.
                      >
                      > Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config panel from ot2wincfg.exe?

                      Antenna problem. Hooked the thing in my car and it works like it should. Thanks for the replies. System from car will not work on the base antenna either.
                      Dan
                    • john
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "wd0afq" <wd0afq@...> wrote:

                        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in Bangladesh.
                        > > Did you move recently? ;-)
                        > >
                        > > http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
                        > >
                        > > This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted somehow.
                        > >
                        > > Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
                        > >

                        > Antenna problem. Hooked the thing in my car and it works like it should. Thanks for the replies. System from car will not work on the base antenna either.
                        > Dan

                        Welcome back.
                      • wd0afq
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@...> wrote:

                          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "wd0afq" <wd0afq@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "john" <k0jdd@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > aprs.fi shows the last known location of WD0AFQ-2 as somewhere in Bangladesh.
                          > > > Did you move recently? ;-)
                          > > >
                          > > > http://aprs.fi/info/WD0AFQ-2
                          > > >
                          > > > This calls your configuration into question. Maybe it is corrupted somehow.
                          > > >
                          > > > Can you either upload your config file or post a screen shot of the config panel from ot2wincfg.exe?
                          > > >

                          > > Antenna problem. Hooked the thing in my car and it works like it should. Thanks for the replies. System from car will not work on the base antenna either.
                          > > Dan
                          > >

                          > Welcome back.

                          Thanks. I sent a couple of pictures to yur comcast address.
                          Dan