Re: [tracker2] Tried to e-mail Scott...

  • Tyson S.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2006
      I get the same exact thing when I try to email him direct.

      --- KD7JYK <kd7jyk@...> wrote:

      > Received this:
      >
      > This message was created automatically by mail delivery software
      > (Exim).

      > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
      > failed:
      >
      > scott@...
      > SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<scott@...>:
      > host argentdata.com [72.36.253.114]: 550 5.7.0 Your server IP
      > address is
      > in the SORBS DNSBL database, bye
      >
      > Brilliant... This will make it hard to communicate to say the
      > least...
      >
      > Kurt

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2006
        I'm on the same server as him.... we're about to upgrade the mail server so that the blacklist checking doesn't outright black list you, but simply weights a blacklisted mailserver as more likely to be spam.  SORBS and Spamcop both don't like gmail's server either because gmail won't reveal the source IP of the mail.  If you check earthlink's policy you may find something similar.

        Wes

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 12, 2006
          Hmm, the spam blacklist must be a little overzealous... I'll turn that one off.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2006
            I got in touch with him.

            Kurt